Dedicated 1.5 Oculus Rift DK2 thread

I doubt it's running at 4K as that did not work with previous dcs world version. The display resolution is locked for the rift in dcs world no mater what you set it too.

I would of thought they would of added an option in game to run at higher resolution like that space game. Oh well hopefully in the future

That's possible, however I do have the DSR set within Nvidia's control panel. Whether it translates over to the DK2 is not guaranteed.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

dsr is based off of the display selected, since direct mode doesnt show up like a secondary screen you are not super sampling.

the resolution is defined by DCS. So maybe within dcsworld with the oculus on you can increase the res manually?

McDeth and Frusheen it should NOT be jerky at all. If everything is working properly it should be silky smooth all the time.

If it is jerky it means you aren't getting enough frames. I know DCS reports 75fps but I think that just means that the Rift is using Timewarp to render the dropped frames which is why translation movements look so janky.

You need more than 75fps at all times for VR to be perfectly smooth. I think you guys should run everything set to LOW and Shadows OFF to see what it looks like when it is smooth.

mtbikergt78 DSR definately used to work in pre-1.5 DCS but I haven't tried it with 1.5. In DCS 1.2.xx running DSR in VR mode ate into the framerate too much... but it did look great.

Also make sure you try Combined Arms. It is less demanding than the aircraft cockpits and it looks great. Recommend the T-90 tank because it has more detailed model than many other units.

McDeth and Frusheen it should NOT be jerky at all. If everything is working properly it should be silky smooth all the time.

If it is jerky it means you aren't getting enough frames. I know DCS reports 75fps but I think that just means that the Rift is using Timewarp to render the dropped frames which is why translation movements look so janky.

You need more than 75fps at all times for VR to be perfectly smooth. I think you guys should run everything set to LOW and Shadows OFF to see what it looks like when it is smooth.

mtbikergt78 DSR definately used to work in pre-1.5 DCS but I haven't tried it with 1.5. In DCS 1.2.xx running DSR in VR mode ate into the framerate too much... but it did look great.

Also make sure you try Combined Arms. It is less demanding than the aircraft cockpits and it looks great. Recommend the T-90 tank because it has more detailed model than many other units.

Vicx,

You are correct my issues were frame rate related. I was seeing over 75fps in the headset using the frame rate counter. That is what confused me. I actually needed 150fps. The counter is counting frames per eye so I need 75x2 for smooth judder free tracking.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

haswell-e+ and a single 980ti or 980 sli and your beyond good for time.

just wait till the devs and nvidia/amd start bringing the proper software.

we will see some amazing stuff when each gfx card in sli or crossfire is dedicated to each eye...Woooo.

will always need beast rigs for VR as its double the normal resolution and MUST be 75 or 90 fps locked.

but things will only get better as the headsets come out

haswell-e+ and a single 980ti or 980 sli and your beyond good for time.

just wait till the devs and nvidia/amd start bringing the proper software.

we will see some amazing stuff when each gfx card in sli or crossfire is dedicated to each eye...Woooo.

will always need beast rigs for VR as its double the normal resolution and MUST be 75 or 90 fps locked.

but things will only get better as the headsets come out

What's your thoughts in VRsli. I have an OC 780 and could pick up a second for a lot less than a single 980ti. VRsli won't come into its own until cv1 with its dual screens. Is there anyway of knowing if dual 780s would work. If they don't then I might wait for the next gen graphics cards before upgrading.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

the 780 is probably not a good candidate for sli.

you need the 9xx series to fully take advantage of the vr software.

I would look for a used 980 on your local classifieds and see if you can pony up for little $$.

you can find 980s with crazy warantys intact still, its the same as buying a new card essentially. i remember there are some 980s with 10+ years warranty...

im waiting for the 980s to go under 500$ locally and im in.