SOUND ISSUE / A10C / 1.5 BETA

TheRamrod

I have an issue with sound on the 1.5 beta. I use skullcandy headset as my only sound device. While in F2 with the A10C everything sounds as it should. but while in cockpit if I look forward for a few seconds or more I lose sound yet if I glance towards my engines it comes back until I look forward again. I have all in game volume set to 100 except for music which is off. all other computer sounds work as required. As you would imagine this really kills the immersion :mad:

I managed to get a few minutes in last night with the A-10C as well and did note that externally you hear engines, but in cockpit I do not get the engine sounds. I hear the gun and other items but not the engines. Sound at 90% or so with Helmet and other internal settings.

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

I managed to get a few minutes in last night with the A-10C as well and did note that externally you hear engines, but in cockpit I do not get the engine sounds. I hear the gun and other items but not the engines. Sound at 90% or so with Helmet and other internal settings.

I can confirm that.I hear two things in cockpit, battery and/or inverter sound and external sounds.(world and engines)

I have an issue with sound on the 1.5 beta. I use skullcandy headset as my only sound device. While in F2 with the A10C everything sounds as it should. but while in cockpit if I look forward for a few seconds or more I lose sound yet if I glance towards my engines it comes back until I look forward again. I have all in game volume set to 100 except for music which is off. all other computer sounds work as required. As you would imagine this really kills the immersion :mad:

I was experiencing some sound issues with the KA-50 after installing a new computer a few months ago. I thought the issue was within DCS but discovered that when I switched my computer sound profile to something different, the issue was solved. You might want to go to your sound control panel and try a different setting.....like going from surround sound to stereo.....etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Hello Everyone,

For me, with A-10C, I hear the sounds very nicely from external to internal. Nicely balanced.

Volume 50%

GUI 100%

World 100%

In-Cockpit 100%

Helmet 100%

Music 0%

The problem I have is, the Huey UH-1H module is twice as loud as the A-10C module. So this requires stopping everything and adjusting the "Volume"(main output) to 23%.

Thank you,

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

CockpitSystems.ogg isn't loading.Wind and distortion sounds are there..Now there is Sound/Sounders folder with lots of configuration files.These could cause trouble?

In DCS 1.2.6 everything is ok.So i don't think it's soundcard or driver issue..

Edited by Ryback

• 1 month later...

After a few patches the problem is still here! Who else is working on it at all? At least let me know that it is accepted for processing.

ASUS Rampage III GENE X58 \Intel i7 920 (3623 MHz OC) \ASUS DirectCU Radeon HD 7970 \3 to 4GB Patriot PSD34G16002 \Enhance ENP-6610GA 1000W \SSD Intel 730 240GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Seagate 7200.11 1.5TB \Thermaltake Element G \42'' LG LE8500 (LED-TV) \steel floor-mounted stick \steel pedals AC-1x/FW-190 \Free Track (PS3 Eye) \Windows 10 Pro x64

• 2 weeks later...

I use the Klipsch Promedia 4.1 speaker system and my neighbors two blocks away can validate that they hear the sound of the engines 100%.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

SOUND ISSUE / A10C / 1.5 BETA

I'm running latest version of 1.5.2 Open Beta.

I can hear the engines in the cockpit. Quieter than when I'm outside, of course, but I can definitely hear the engines fine. Nice balance between inside and out.

As a side note: inside the pit, I also hear the sound of the air flow "turbulating" over the speed brakes when they are open. My second favorite sound of the A-10C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. System specs: Windows 7 Pro, EVGA X58 3x classified 3 MOBO, i7 960 @3.2Ghz, 24Gb Ram, Nvidia EVGA GTX 780ti with 3 Gb VRAM.

Edited by Mike77

12th Gen i7 12700K, MSI Z690 Edge mobo, 32 GB of DDR4-3600 RAM (G.Skill Ripjaws V CL16). 

Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle OC (Triple Fan, 16GB VRAM), ACER XV322QU 32" IPS monitor (running 2560x1440).

2TB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD (3D TLC NAND PCIe Gen 4 x4).

Windows 11.