Bomb pipper V 1.5

speckfire

I seem to have an issue with the bomb pipper. When selecting the bombing mode, the pipper looks fine and moves whanot. As soon as I arm the bombs, it becomes solid on the hud, ie not moving and not calculating CCIP. Am I missing something here?

Speed is life !!!

Real MiG-21 doesn't have CCIP capability. The realistic asp option in specials menu reflects that. I haven't tried it yet, but I think that unchecking that option makes the piper behave as it used to before 1.5 (i.e. unrealistic :))

The piper should be controlled by the gyroscopes not stay fixed even if it has no CCIP capability, no?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

The piper should be controlled by the gyroscopes not stay fixed even if it has no CCIP capability, no?

It says here that bombing is supposed to be performed in manual mode where the pipper is fixed. But this section on bombing is somewhat lacking in detail. They mentioned rated release altitude and dive angle but didn't bother to specify the concrete values ((

1549910355_.JPG.98b55f620f182c29a00ff407d1f3db42.JPG

Edited by Harle

previous version floated and could be used as a queue to where the bomb would land, 1.5 seems fixed, so the change is either a bug or a feature I think...but which...

It's the way it was in the real mig-21. Call it what you want.

Thanx for info Harle.

I guess the piper in Gyro mode can be used only as a indicator of plane wobbling :) and the impact point can be "estimated" via fixed sight anyway. Sure... it wouldn't be as in manual :) .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I seem to have an issue with the bomb pipper. When selecting the bombing mode, the pipper looks fine and moves whanot. As soon as I arm the bombs, it becomes solid on the hud, ie not moving and not calculating CCIP. Am I missing something here?

Well, that's kinda normal behaviour, isn't it?

The Pipper should disappear below the HUD, but doesn't so it's locked at the bottom. If you do a dive (40-50°) and come close enough to the ground, the pipper starts moving up again and displays the impact point pretty accurately. I've destroyed quite a few tanks now by dropping a 500kg Bomb right on their heads.

Well, that's kinda normal behaviour, isn't it?

The Pipper should disappear below the HUD, but doesn't so it's locked at the bottom. If you do a dive (40-50°) and come close enough to the ground, the pipper starts moving up again and displays the impact point pretty accurately. I've destroyed quite a few tanks now by dropping a 500kg Bomb right on their heads.

Bombing CCIP appears to still work in auto+gyro mode. Which is wrong. I wonder how long it will take them to fix this sorry ASP already. All this procrastination starts pissing me off.

Bombing CCIP appears to still work in auto+gyro mode. Which is wrong. I wonder how long it will take them to fix this sorry ASP already. All this procrastination starts pissing me off.

Why is it wrong? How is it supposed to work? Please don't say "it shouldn't".

Maybe it's just because I'm on "Easy ASP" settings. Maybe if you turn that off, it won't work anymore.

They already "fixed" some things. Not sure how it works now, but at least something has changed.

Mig-21 simply does not have CCIP capability.

Have you tried it yourself or are you refering to kobymarus post?

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have you tried it yourself or are you refering to kobymarus post?

Last night tried dropping in AUTO+GYRO mode a couple of times. The bombs fell right where the pipper was at the moment of the release. At first I thought those were just lucky hits, but listening to kobymaru I started suspecting that CCIP didn't go anywhere after all. Gonna test it some more tonight.

Why ask?

Trying to imply that the real mig-21 bis has some CCIP capability?

Edited by Harle

Sorry for the confusion gents. I was merely comparing it to 1.2.6 vs 1.5

In 1.2.6 there was no bombing pipper in the hud on auto+gyro mode till you dove fast and hard, then it would appear.

In 1.5 the pipper appears to be solid and fixed on the hud in the same mode but only starts moving when in bomb range?

I don't know which is right and I don't mind if it's not 100% realistic. I just want to hit targets ;)

• Like 1

Speed is life !!!

Last night tried dropping in AUTO+GYRO mode a couple of times. The bombs fell right where the pipper was at the moment of the release. At first I thought those were just lucky hits, but listening to kobymaru I started suspecting that CCIP didn't go anywhere after all. Gonna test it some more tonight.

Why ask?

Nope, I asked because it sounded to me that you were refering to him while he posted he used simple ASP settings.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nope, I asked because it sounded to me that you were refering to him while he posted he used simple ASP settings.

The only simplification for the ASP I found in the options is the realistic behavior of the pipper during IR missle lock (i.e. staying still).

The only simplification for the ASP I found in the options is the realistic behavior of the pipper during IR missle lock (i.e. staying still).

Could you be so kind to upload a track when you had the time for additional tests?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why ask?

Hi Harle.

No,ASP-PD-21 never had CCIP capability.For bombing you must have bomb charts,where

you can to find required data.

I shortly try "new" MiG and seems to me,that it still has some bugs in ASP.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Harle.

No,ASP-PD-21 never had CCIP capability.For bombing you must have bomb charts,where

you can to find required data.

I shortly try "new" MiG and seems to me,that it still has some bugs in ASP.

Sorry,of course ASP-PFD-21.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]