more grass / ground clutter ?

tob.s

Hi,

flying choppers is great in 1.5, but one think that a could look better is the grass/ground clutter that gets very sparse in the distance - as 1.5s performance is great it wont hurt to loose some frames - so are there some ini tweaks to increase the radius in which grass apperars ?

greetings

tobs

Hi,

flying choppers is great in 1.5, but one think that a could look better is the grass/ground clutter that gets very sparse in the distance - as 1.5s performance is great it wont hurt to loose some frames - so are there some ini tweaks to increase the radius in which grass apperars ?

greetings

tobs

Have you maxed out the slider in options?

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

maxed em all

just took the mi8 for a ride and when landed i can clearly see how 50-100 meters away theres a line where the grass suddenly gets much more sparse. It reminds me a bit of skyrim - in vanilla it was comparable (http://olivier-colchen.fr/Data/skyrim/Compare/grass/Vanilla_75_26.6.jpg) , but there where mods/ini tweaks to make it so u hardly ever see the ground texture ( http://static-2.nexusmods.com/15/images/110/5097247-1359846336.jpg )- id love to try this in dcs

Edited by tob.s

maxed em all

just took the mi8 for a ride and when landed i can clearly see how 50-100 meters away theres a line where the grass suddenly gets much more sparse. It reminds me a bit of skyrim - in vanilla it was comparable, but there where mods/ini tweaks to make it so u hardly ever see the ground texture- id love to try this in dcs

What screen Res you use? Higher rez and wide fov= lower draw distance , its still with 1.5

I have hope that draw distance would not be tied to fov anymore but i was wrong :/

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is a grass.lua file in the config/effects folder... But i'm not sure what you might change to get denser grass and a longer view distance.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

put the luas russian comments into the google translator, seems like the whole thing is disabled though ( enabled = false, --If false - will risovats¤ stara¤ grass ) and "standard grass" will be used instead. I tried enabling it (enabled=true) and also raised some numbers to see if theres a difference but it led to no grass at all and performance was poor - i guess its some leftover or experimental stuff. Anyhow the "standard grass has to have the same settings hidden somewhere in another lua ...

Edited by tob.s

But it seems disabled for now. Same folder are shadows.lua which contains an extra section for nevada and clouds.lua that is also disabled. a shame that i can't read the russian commentaries on the code ;)

edit ./ google helped me out. need to try if enabling it works :D

edit .// kinda works... old grass is gone and the new is... its there but then ist not... play with ur f2 cam u'll find it :D

Edited by blaueente

Yeah it looks to be a completely new experimental kind of grass... Obviously not quite working yet :P

Also, try enabling the clouds.lua

Seems to be a completely new cloud system! It plays havok on my fps though...

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

keeps crashing for me. which mission are u using ?

Only tried the clouds in the Ka-50 attack insurgents quick mission. Turned it off immediately after because of the massive fps hit.