Full installers coming today :)

Great news!

Until now I was unable to install 1.5 at all. Since day 1, whenever the installer was running, sometimes really near completion, it crashed due to servers traffic.

Great to learn that the full installers will be made available, possibly already today!

Good work ED !

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

It's a good move to make sure everyone that desires to participate in the OB have access through several options. Good luck with your installation jcomm. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Well The installer did copied files from my branch installation and then download the rest of the files from the download server. After a while the download stopped because the server saturation. I tried the installer again and it said me I should repair to download the rest of the files, I did and all work perfect.

Some people just don't do repair after the download and the DCS crash. Just repair and all is done

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well The installer did copied files from my branch installer and then download the rest of the files from the download server. After a while the download stopped because the server saturation. I tried the installer again and it said me I should repair to download the rest of the files, I did and all work perfect.

Some people just don't do repair after the download and the DCS crash. Just repair and all is done

True, but now now that the original installer repository is down. They will upload full installers later today.

But, please tell me - what should I have used to repair ( where's the corresponding executable ? ) , after my install terminated several times with that server overloaded message ?

Thx Raven - really looking forward to try 1.5 :)

But, please tell me - what should I have used to repair ( where's the corresponding executable ? ) , after my install terminated several times with that server overloaded message ?

Same drill as with standard version - click on repair shortcut in Your ED start menu shortcuts (a separate set for Open Beta should be created during installation process). Or, if the shortcuts are not there, go to Bin folder of the Open Beta and fire up the DCS_updater.exe with repair parameter.

Did it yesterday when reinstalling the whole thing fresh and the the download from ED server seized at 90-few percent. The repair script downloaded and installed the remaining files allright.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Ah!

Thx Art-J. I guess in one of my tries I did start the DCS_updater.exe, but it wasn't from the command line with that "repair" parameter ... Anyway, it stopped in the middle of the download with the same server overloaded error message :-/

:book::doh: This is why I am waiting,, another thread, with a different install approach,, If I jump in the pool now I will be doing this :ranting::ranting: lol

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle