A-10C starting at Batumi takeoff in wrong direction

REDEYE_CVW-66

There was an internal bug report on that with regard to AI. Thanks for the report, will check it on the tester version.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

A-10C starting at Batumi takeoff in wrong direction

Mission designed in mission editor starting from coldstart at Batumi airfield could not get tower to clear a takeoff in the direction of runway 31 (facing the ocean). This also applies to wingman who also wanted to takeoff in the opposite runway direction (runway 13). Mission starts with waypoint zero coldstart from ramp, then waypoint 1 was set five NM from the end of runway 31.

Mission designed in mission editor starting from coldstart at Batumi airfield could not get tower to clear a takeoff in the direction of runway 31 (facing the ocean). This also applies to wingman who also wanted to takeoff in the opposite runway direction (runway 13). Mission starts with waypoint zero coldstart from ramp, then waypoint 1 was set five NM from the end of runway 31.

I've not personally tried this yet but maybe try setting some wind so the active should be runway 31 instead of 13?

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

It has already been reported.

Don't forget to search the forum for similar issues first ;)

• Like 2

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

I think in trying to use wind to trick the game to start in the right direction is not a good solution in this case. I think the problem is deeper and lies in the editor in that it doesn't recognize the vector/direction, sequence of waypoints. BTW I forgot to mention that the mission was created in World 1.2.16 then re-saved in World 1.5.

@Bourrinopathe, roger that! I will do that from here on.

Edited by Hexypu

Too short?

When taking off from Batumi- the ATC tells my flight to take off inland (As opposed to out to sea as usual) ending with a too short runway and my AI wingmen clipping through hedges and trees.

Just to understand the problem here...

What do you mean by too short runway? Batumi is 8050 feet long in both directions 30/12. Yes, wind direction is a main governor of an airport operation (i.e. what is the take - off and landing direction) and YES setting wind in DCS does affect what RWY is cleared for take off and landing.

It is not a bug, it is an undocumented feature :)

On a serious note, DCS ATC is a one big work in progress, there are bugs and also ATC is less than good in this sim. We should be able to ask for specific RWY to take off / land as it is up to the pilot final decision (less in civil aviation) but common in military operations.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I suspect the issue is AI not backtaxiing when using RWY 13.

batumi_zpsjfdxenzp.png

(pre 1.5, I didn't test it after it) They actually do back taxiing at Beslam Airfield, which is very small. Can be the case with the AI being unable of doing so in this airfield in particular or Beslam being the only one privileged.

(pre 1.5, I didn't test it after it) They actually do back taxiing at Beslam Airfield, which is very small. Can be the case with the AI being unable of doing so in this airfield in particular or Beslam being the only one privileged.

Just tested in 1.5. They actually take the first turn onto the runway and do not backtaxi, so they are using even less runway than in my diagram.

dcs_sig.jpg

Just tested in 1.5. They actually take the first turn onto the runway and do not backtaxi, so they are using even less runway than in my diagram.

Sad to hear.

I just did testing on stable 1.2.16, the AI do back taxiing at Beslam to take off. Wind at 10 m/s from 310 heading they still take off from runway 31 at Batumi.

AI: pairs of A-10As

I'm getting all sorts of bizarre results now. With wind set to 300 degrees (which makes RWY 31 upwind - ME wind direction is "to", not "from") I can get aircraft to use 31 only if I set the wind speed high enough for it to make no sense for them to use it in the first place. If I set wind speed to 3m/s, they will use 13 as they rightly should. If I set it to 30m/s, they will use 31 and drag tail through a few thousand meters of ocean before they rotate.

I need to approach this scientifically and with more caffeine tomorrow.

Edited by Harzach

dcs_sig.jpg