Lt. Col. Andy Bush (USAF, Ret) The A-10 in the 1980s

MiloMorai

We are lucky enough in our group to have guys that flew in the military and are in the airline like myself now. One of our guys flies with a Captain that is a retired A10 pilot. Loads of info. Can't wait until the F18 comes out. We have two current bug pilots.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

Ah yes! He has many good articles on Lock On A-10A. Highly recommended reading.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

If you want a pretty solid basic breakdown/primer on 2 ship A-10 tactics definitely read his Bentwaters tactics guide on the same site. While it specifically focuses on the low level environment planned for the 80s Fulda Gap scenario the basics are the same with all A2G aircraft and can equally be applied to medium/high alt in principle.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.