Will my PC run EDGE/new maps/aircraft?

Hi,

Sorry if this is in the wrong area as I was not sure where to put it.

I haven’t yet upgraded to DCS World 1.5 even though I am keen to and have some questions about it and future DCS maps/aircraft. My PC has 8Gb of RAM and a GTX 660TI 2GB graphics card and currently is set up with DirectX9. I have read on the DCS site that the NEVADA map and the Albatros and Mirage 2000C all have recommended specs higher than what my PC has. I hope to download DCS World 1.5 and purchase the NEVADA map and Mirage 2000C along with other aircraft and maps and was wondering if, now that DCS World 1.5 has been in open beta for a short while, my PC will be able to run the new EDGE engine and future maps/aircraft well or if I will need to upgrade my graphics card and RAM and from DirectX9 to Direct X11? I ask this as I read on the forum that the specs required to properly run EDGE won’t be fully known until it has been played by diverse PC types in the Open Beta. Also I had better mention that I want DCS to run well on good to high settings and with the highest settings of model visibility for seeing aircraft and ground units at maximum visibility.

Also, I have seen that some people have had problems with their multi-monitor setups when setting up DCS World 1.5. Will this probably be improved over the coming months if I was to wait a while before downloading it?

Thanks,

OZTRIPWIRE

• ED Team

you have

8Gb of RAM

GTX 660TI 2GB

what cpu are you using, and operating system?

below is minimum and recommended spec for running DCS 1.5 / 2.0

Minimum system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i3; RAM: 8 GB; Free hard disk space: 30 GB; Video: 2 GB RAM card, DirectX11 - compatible; requires internet activation.

Recommended system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+; RAM: 16GB; Hard disk space: 30 GB; Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX780 / ATI R9 290 DirectX11 or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

While you don't have the recommended specs what you have still fits into the minimum requirements...

What do you mean that you are set up with directx 9?

Apparently your card is DX12 compatible.

What kind of CPU are you running?

In any case, you may be surprised that 1.5 runs even better than the current non-beta version, since the engine is more efficient at utilizing the available hardware.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Hi,

Sorry if this is in the wrong area as I was not sure where to put it.

I haven’t yet upgraded to DCS World 1.5 even though I am keen to and have some questions about it and future DCS maps/aircraft. My PC has 8Gb of RAM and a GTX 660TI 2GB graphics card and currently is set up with DirectX9. I have read on the DCS site that the NEVADA map and the Albatros and Mirage 2000C all have recommended specs higher than what my PC has. I hope to download DCS World 1.5 and purchase the NEVADA map and Mirage 2000C along with other aircraft and maps and was wondering if, now that DCS World 1.5 has been in open beta for a short while, my PC will be able to run the new EDGE engine and future maps/aircraft well or if I will need to upgrade my graphics card and RAM and from DirectX9 to Direct X11? I ask this as I read on the forum that the specs required to properly run EDGE won’t be fully known until it has been played by diverse PC types in the Open Beta. Also I had better mention that I want DCS to run well on good to high settings and with the highest settings of model visibility for seeing aircraft and ground units at maximum visibility.

Also, I have seen that some people have had problems with their multi-monitor setups when setting up DCS World 1.5. Will this probably be improved over the coming months if I was to wait a while before downloading it?

Thanks,

OZTRIPWIRE

you can download BETA 1.5 and try it for yourself, you can keep both installations 1.2 and 1.5 in case 1.5 won't work for you.

STEAM

asus p8z68-v gen3, 2600k@4,5ghz(w/c), 16gb, 1080ti(w/c), ch fighterstick/gvl224-4000-8, ch pro throttle, Oculus Rift CV1+Touch, thrustmaster tx

just try it with the open beta :)

anyway, i get around 40-50 stable FPS minimum on the ground and on some occasions 120+ while airborn, even a 32 warbird dogfight i set up for testing never dropped below 40 FPS.

my system: asus sabertooth board, AMD 965BE CPU, GTX 560 and 8GB RAM.

BUT:

i think my FPS will drop with NTTR, and noone can tell how good the mirage will be optimized, but for the current 1.5 release you should be fine (depending on your CPU).

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

I have 3570K , 12Gb and GTX660 2Gb

2560x1440 rez

All high, runs about 40-60fps avg. 4xAA and 8XAF in use

Your 660ti will be fine

Edited by Haukka81

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, I have a i5 processor but the same graphics card and memory (8GB RAM and GTX660Ti 2GB). I'm using Win10 and I find the frame rates and general smooth operation of the sim improved compared to previous version. As stated previously you can have both installation on the same hard disk so download v1.5 and give it a go! I'm pleased I did. I may have to upgrade my graphics card in future (res 1080 x 1920) but so far results are good.

Worther_1

DCS Black Shark 2, A10-C, Huey, MiG-21bis, Hawk, Flaming Cliffs 3, F/A-18, Nevada Terrain.

Your system should be fine in terms of hardware. The only question is the operating system. If you have Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10, then you are good to go provided it is 64 bit (I'd be shocked if it isn't, 64 bit has been the standard version since Vista). If it is Vista or older, you need a newer version of windows as I don't think Vista will run anything higher than DX10.

In regards to RAM usage, I checked, I topped out at 62% while running DCS and that includes what Win10 was using. The 8GB of RAM is more than enough currently, but that could change with NTTR and other future maps.

Edited by King_Hrothgar

Hi,

Thanks for your help. My current CPU is an Intel Core i7-4770 CPU and my OS is Windows 7 64bit. I currently use DirectX9 but believe that I can upgrade to DirectX11 with my card. That is all I meant by saying I am setup with DirectX9, it is just what I am currently using. As you advised me to I will look into downloading the 1.5 beta. Is there a guide on how to download it? I couldn’t find one.

Thanks,

OZTRIPWIRE

Hi,

Thanks for your help. My current CPU is an Intel Core i7-4770 CPU and my OS is Windows 7 64bit. I currently use DirectX9 but believe that I can upgrade to DirectX11 with my card. That is all I meant by saying I am setup with DirectX9, it is just what I am currently using. As you advised me to I will look into downloading the 1.5 beta. Is there a guide on how to download it? I couldn’t find one.

Thanks,

OZTRIPWIRE

Your CPU is fine, well above the specs.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/beta/

Download it and run it. Note: You will have to reinstall your modules on the open beta, but it doesn't take a Starforce registration to put it on open beta (as long as you log into your account with the ingame login)

Edited by wilky510