micro stutters

The guy with the lic problem on the MiG-21 was me, but I DEACTIVATED HPET everywhere, NOT ACTIVATED it !!!

From my personal experience I say it boosted my Win10 startup a bit, didnt harm DCS ( was OK before with Gsync ) but overall more snappy I`d say.

So there are 2 guys with 2 good results, one switched it OFF, the other one switched it ON, HPET !

Well, the way you wrote it in your post, it just seemed like you enabled it:

I tried it with the MiG-21 FreeFlight.

Indeed, it was enabled in Bios and visible in DeviceManger as HighPrecisionEventTimer.

I must say, I have Gsync and ever since no stutter, neither 1.5 nor 1.2.x, I just did it because I am curious smile.gif

Anyway, as I already stated, some people have succes with disabling HPET in both BIOS and Windows, some guys have succes enabling it both places, some guys have no benefit at all.

And in the original thread we were three people, not including you, that had benefit from enabling it.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

My Asus Z97-A BIOS doesn't even let me disable HPET, so the only options I have are to force it to be used in Windows or not.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Well, the way you wrote it in your post, it just seemed like you enabled it:

Anyway, as I already stated, some people have succes with disabling HPET in both BIOS and Windows, some guys have succes enabling it both places, some guys have no benefit at all.

And in the original thread we were three people, not including you, that had benefit from enabling it.

You misunderstood my writing ( german my 1st language ), I had it enabled by default and then disabled it for testing, ever since it is off.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X