SLI Problems in 1.5

Abburo

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using a 295X2 & Crossfire seems to be working....which is the first time EVER with this sim. Both GPU's running at 100% working great!

My only issue is that the memory on the second GPU doesn't seem to ramp up. Stays at desktop levels (150mhz) compared to the first GPU level (1250 MHz). Anyone using a 295x2 having the same issue?

It must be the lack of a sli profile for the edge engine, only way to get around that is to change sli profiles for this game via nvidia inspector. Change it to some other dx11 game and experiment. Previously the windows assessment tool profile worked best for my 980 sli in nvidia 3dvision so maybe try there.

Surely it has nothing to do with the profile, since I'm setting my settings by hand, therefore not using a profile ?

It must be the lack of a sli profile for the edge engine, only way to get around that is to change sli profiles for this game via nvidia inspector. Change it to some other dx11 game and experiment. Previously the windows assessment tool profile worked best for my 980 sli in nvidia 3dvision so maybe try there.

That was my first thought. In DCS World, I can only get SLI to work using Nvidia Inspector. There seams to be either a lack of a profile, or lack of ability to get the blackshark inspector profile to work with openbeata.

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

Without SLI ability, 4K monitor users are going to suffer with horrible performance issues. There has got to be a fix.

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

Well all you have to do is add the 1.5 exe to the existing dcsworld/black shark profile in nvidia inspector. Its one of the icons top of inspector screen sorry wish i had my pit to help better

thanks i will take a look and see.

Yeah, I manually set the GPU count and it works. Not sure how well it works yet, since I still need to put away my steering wheel and setup my flight gear again. But it's using both cards...

Can you be more explicit please? Where did you set the GPU count?

PS: I am running in Win8.1

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Can you be more explicit please? Where did you set the GPU count?

PS: I am running in Win8.1

And also are you using the blackshrk profile?

Ok, I never used Nvidia Inspector, so I downloaded it, opened it, and at 'Number of GPUs to use on SLI rendering mode' I altered the drop-down to the right of it to 'SLI_GPU_COUNT_TWO' and then right top corner Apply settings...

Ow, and afterwards I found the home icon left top, I selected 'c:\program files\eagle dynamics\dcs world openbeta\run.exe' and saved that profile, since I don't need my system to SLI my desktop:pilotfly:

Edited by JPS2K

I'm using a 295X2 & Crossfire seems to be working....which is the first time EVER with this sim. Both GPU's running at 100% working great!

My only issue is that the memory on the second GPU doesn't seem to ramp up. Stays at desktop levels (150mhz) compared to the first GPU level (1250 MHz). Anyone using a 295x2 having the same issue?

My Crossfire 2 x R9290x is only working on the primary, nothing on the second card. (EDIT: This was before we all found out it was running in Borderless Window mode by default)

Did you set anything in the CCC to get it to work?

I think you'll find that until DirectX 12 only the memory on the primary card is addressed. (This has always been the case for both SLI and Crossfire.)

Edited by Loz

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

My Crossfire 2 x R9290x is only working on the primary, nothing on the second card.

I think you'll find that until DirectX 12 only the memory on the primary card is addressed. (This has always been the case for both SLI and Crossfire.)

Sounds like we are in with DX 11 and out with SLI?

SLI not working

SLI is not currently working with 1.5...With a 5Ghz 4790K and two Titan X's, I should be getting 60hz, only seeing 37-40 with tearing.

Card two is used, but pnly 1-2%, which is why i believe there is a significant performance gap, expecially compared to the current release dcs world where the card is humping at 12-17%, giving me a steady fps of 60.

My Crossfire 2 x R9290x is only working on the primary, nothing on the second card.

Just noticed that while the second card is being utilized at 100% (per MSI Afterburner) my gpu clock & memory never change from desktop speeds (300 MHz gpu/150 MHz mem).

But I'm getting decent fps (never drops below 42fps) with everything on high in Eyefinity (5760x1200) so I'm happy with for now. Man....but if I can get that second card to kick in.....that would be sweet!

Make sure your running full screen,

RALT + Enter.

especially if its 100% / 0% scaling.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs