SLI Problems in 1.5

Abburo

Make sure your running full screen,

RALT + Enter.

especially if its 100% / 0% scaling.

Well I'll be damn SkateZilla......that worked perfectly!!!

Getting about 75-88% on utilization on both GPU's with both at 1018 MHz GPU & 1250 MHz Mem being used (max for the 295X2). My framerates rocketed up to 100+ fps high attitude in cockpit & around 50-60 fps low level near buildings!

been waiting a long time for fps like that with this card. Thanks for the tip!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using a 295X2 & Crossfire seems to be working....which is the first time EVER with this sim. Both GPU's running at 100% working great!

My only issue is that the memory on the second GPU doesn't seem to ramp up. Stays at desktop levels (150mhz) compared to the first GPU level (1250 MHz). Anyone using a 295x2 having the same issue?

i have a 295x2 as well did u set up any crossfire profile?

i put on AFR mode and got 140 fps but it flashes

Edited by mp3police

i have a 295x2 as well did u set up any sli profile?

I didn't set up anything in Catalyst CC at all. The only thing I have check there is 'Enable AMD CrossfireX for applications that have no associated application profile' under AMD CrossfireX in in the performance section. Not sure if that is making a difference but I'm getting both GPU's working there.

Then I start up the game....use RALT+ENTER as SkateZilla suggested & then I can see MSI Afterburner showing both GPU at max & utilized when flying. No flashing or anything for me.

RALT + Enter.

***Problem Solver*** Thanks!

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

RALT + Enter.

Dammit... every setting I checked before showed me the fullscreen was on... the game looks as full screen too, then I just forced full screen as you said and surprise... it goes to full screen.

There is something wrong with fullscreen on DCS level...

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

So the idea is, then, to:

1) Create a profile for DCS via NVIDIA Inspector, and

2) Make sure that DCS runs in fullscreen mode

In reference to 1), could someone maybe post a screenshot of a working profile that includes whatever is needed for DX11? Much appreciated!

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I didn't set up anything in Catalyst CC at all. The only thing I have check there is 'Enable AMD CrossfireX for applications that have no associated application profile' under AMD CrossfireX in in the performance section. Not sure if that is making a difference but I'm getting both GPU's working there.

Then I start up the game....use RALT+ENTER as SkateZilla suggested & then I can see MSI Afterburner showing both GPU at max & utilized when flying. No flashing or anything for me.

it works i can see it uses 100% of both gpus but when i enable crossfire i get terrible stutters every 5 seconds or so,

if disable it it runs smooth again weird do you mind sharing your settings?

Which drivers are you using? You mentioned AFR mode & I have no such capability in CCC with the 15.7.1 drivers.

In CCC I leave everything set at use application settings to keep CCC & in-game from conflicting.

Edited by pgh2atl

SLI is not working for me. I've tried everything listed above: nvidia inspector and right alt +enter etc. My cards seem to run in tandem fine in the older version of DCS, just the beta currently not recognizing SLI. Getting a decent frame rates just on the one card, 40-60s but still a little bit of chop while panning around with Track IR.

My specs are 2xEVGA 480s, EVGA x58 SLI classified mobo, 12 gb ram, and CPU is an I7 960.

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fixed it, running now at 100-120 FPS. Setting everything in Nvidia Inspector that could be set to AFR2 seemed to do the trick for me.

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Which drivers are you using? You mentioned AFR mode & I have no such capability in CCC with the 15.7.1 drivers.

In CCC I leave everything set at use application settings to keep CCC & in-game from conflicting.

ill download those drivers

im running the 15.9.1 i dont have have the crossfire in performance bar

i made a profile linked to the dcs .exe and played around with the crossfire profiles

Actually, R Alt + Enter solved it (Full screen mode)

It was Left ALT + ENTER that gave me FullScreen and brought my second card into play (That is the standard key combo for it, not RALT) but I am now getting horrendous stuttering, which I've yet to find out what is the cause.

(Not cause by Depth of Field)

Using 15.7 AMD drivers

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

i have a 295x2 as well did u set up any crossfire profile?

Dont use AFR, Use Default.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Tried both L-Alt and R-Alt Enter and still getting a large disparity between both cards usage wise. Images below show this (Top left). The image 1 is from The A-10C Easy instant action mission (first one on the list). Image 2 is running Dragons Training Pack - Weapons Training.

Image 1

Image 2

Specs are below. Sorry couldn't get my overlay to not be blurry in the second shot

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

Without SLI ability, 4K monitor users are going to suffer with horrible performance issues. There has got to be a fix.

I have ONE titan X and run 60-100 fps @4K with everything maxed...except one thing...try disabling DoF (kills frames even in cockpit though only used for externals apparently)

Sorry if that was mentioned somewhere in this thread I didn't read through all posts.

Hope that helps though it doesn't help with the SLI issue obviously but for more fun until that's solved :)

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

I have lenovo y510p notebook. I know, it is notebook, but with i7, 8gb ram and 2x Gt750M cards. With 1.2.16, I have better performance and more FPS than in 1.5.0. I tried also full screen (Lalt+enter), AFR2 mode, more trying and testing antialliasing settings, but, it is still worse than 1.2.16. Can anbody resolve this problem? My friends are happy, because they have better results with new engine, but me not. I think, that biggest problem is SLI, but I don´t know what to do with it.

MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS, i5 8600K, MSI GTX 1080 GamingX, 16 GB DDR4 3000MHz, 500 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD

Cannot get SLI to work in DCS 1.5

DCS 1.5 is running very well on my machine. Unfortunately I am unable get both my video cards running in SLI as they do and are in the previous version of DCS. Using NVidia inspector I have noted the Blackshark profile which is linked to DCS.exe from the previous DCS version. As suggested in this forum I have tried to add the beta DCS.exe to this profile but it will not accept it. ( is it because although in different directories the exe is the same name?) I am running as administrator and UAC is off. Not sure if I am doing something wrong.

I thought the new 1.5 was supposed to be SLI friendly :(

I am running a I7 5930 running at 4.35ghz and two Nvidea Evga 980's

I would very much appreciate some help please. :helpsmilie:

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

I am using Windows 7 64

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Hi Lex

Hi Lex15

How did you link nvidia inspector to dcs.exe in the beta directory? I tried to add the beta dcs.exe to the black shark profile which is already linked to the dcs.exe from the main version of dcs but it just will not accept it. Thought it might be because although different directories they were both dcs.exe?

How exactly did you do it.

Thanks for your help

Lex

So are you saying you did nothing to link as it was already linked and you changed the black shark profile as your image? The sli indicator bars which I have on for the moment play in the old dcs but do not appear in 1.5 neither is my second card being used