SLI Problems in 1.5

Abburo

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is shader caching turned off?

Why do you ask?

"The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down."- General Chuck Yeager, USAF, describing his first confrontation with a Me262.

JayRac3r/Lt_Mav YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down."- General Chuck Yeager, USAF, describing his first confrontation with a Me262.

is shader caching turned off?

For me no; Shader Cache enabled. Do you thin possibly; its working hard processing the shaders to the cache since the driver install may have flushed this. and then afterwards; t was loading from the shader cache; hence GPU usage was lower again ?

EDIT: Sorry, I should keep on thread this is for 1.5, my reports were for 2.0. Ignore for now wrong thread.

Edited by _Dredd

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

I turned shader cache off and it had no effect. I think this is either a bad patch or a bad driver.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, it seems that my issue isn't alone.

My configuration :

4K Screen

3x SLI GTX 970

I-7 3820 oc to 4Ghz (to change)

Asus P9X79 pro

16 Go RAM DDR3

SSD Samsung evo 840 pro.

All options are in ultra, MSAA is 2x.

Test was made over Las Vegas residential area 1 km East from the strip, Kamov-50, 40 m/ground, 200 km/h, with then an AH and a landing in the strip.

With SLI : 15-20 Fps, with regular drops to 10 fps

With only one card : 30-50 fps, with fiew drops around 25 fps.

I'm a lot disapointed as long as I bought the third card to improve performances for DCS, using nvidia inspector and enabling complete use of SLI. To give you an illustration, GPU1, 2 and 3 are used up to 70-80% at the same time.

I tried to reduce resolution to 720p, low everywhere. Only gained 10 fps with SLI enabled, while I'm at 60fps with one card. But well, 4k users know how bad looks a downscaled image on a 4k monitor.

So driver issue ? VRAM limited ? Eagledynamically gestion of the SLI ?

Nicolas

Edited by dimitriov

For anybody having issues with SLI, please check this thread out to get NVidia and AMD to create a profile: Link to SLI requests on Nvidia Forums and Crossfire on AMD Forums

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=155674

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SLI Problems in 1.5

Okay. So today I decided to test My system using 3 screens. I had trouble setting up triple screen in 1.2 so I never really bothered using it in 1.5 or 2.0. I heard people claiming that they were able to get it to work better now, but I didn't really care. I should have looked into it a bit more. So today I engaged surround because I have a project I'm working on and I love having 3 monitors. It makes work of any sort (video editing, research paper, etc) so much easier. While I had it open I bench-marked my Batumi Take-off that I've been using to see what my performance would be. Here are screen caps of my settings followed by the frames I experienced:

6d0b98d280e82f1bc0609be8737bcff3.jpg

On this image, shadows have minimal detail and tree and clutter rendering are minimal also. The frames I experienced were no less than 65 and I averaged around 90 the entire time.

31f00701883e8fbc53d3adf045cd7ebc.jpg

Here I increased clutter. My frames hovered in the 40s upon takeoff and looking to my right toward the city. They bounced into the 60s and ranged between 40-60 while flying over the city.

10512c917770c18fa4db81ce5169b230.jpg

Here I turned shadows on high and turned flat shadows off. Clutter and trees were also rendered. Facing starboard at Batumi, I got approx 30 FPS while taking off. It jumped to 60 at one point, then dropped again to 30 when flying over the city.

I experienced no change in frame rate from adjusting MSAA not HDR.

What is hard to grasp is that I'm getting the same performance with 3 monitors that I'n getting with one.

Edited by Lt_Maverick

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Still no official statement about SLI or better lack of...

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

Still no official statement about SLI or better lack of...

I suggest accessing the links in this thread:

Link to SLI requests on Nvidia Forums and Crossfire on AMD Forums

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=155674

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay. So today I decided to test My system using 3 screens. I had trouble setting up triple screen in 1.2 so I never really bothered using it in 1.5 or 2.0. I heard people claiming that they were able to get it to work better now, but I didn't really care. I should have looked into it a bit more. So today I engaged surround because I have a project I'm working on and I love having 3 monitors. It makes work of any sort (video editing, research paper, etc) so much easier. While I had it open I bench-marked my Batumi Take-off that I've been using to see what my performance would be. Here are screen caps of my settings followed by the frames I experienced:

On this image, shadows have minimal detail and tree and clutter rendering are minimal also. The frames I experienced were no less than 65 and I averaged around 90 the entire time.

Here I increased clutter. My frames hovered in the 40s upon takeoff and looking to my right toward the city. They bounced into the 60s and ranged between 40-60 while flying over the city.

Here I turned shadows on high and turned flat shadows off. Clutter and trees were also rendered. Facing starboard at Batumi, I got approx 30 FPS while taking off. It jumped to 60 at one point, then dropped again to 30 when flying over the city.

I experienced no change in frame rate from adjusting MSAA not HDR.

What is hard to grasp is that I'm getting the same performance with 3 monitors that I'n getting with one.

Adaptive VSYNC is Limiting you to either 30 or 60 FPS

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Running 1.5.2.48726 and still no SLI - got hit by a Strella this afternoon and ended up with a smoking right engine. Framerate fell to 30 immediately - even when I wasn't looking at the smoke.

I was post #33 on Lt_Maverick's nVidia petition, so there's that.

Running 1.5.2.48726 and still no SLI - got hit by a Strella this afternoon and ended up with a smoking right engine. Framerate fell to 30 immediately - even when I wasn't looking at the smoke.

I was post #33 on Lt_Maverick's nVidia petition, so there's that.

Copy. Hopefully we get a formal response from somebody.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Heyyo,

[uPDATE6]

Hmm, turns out SLI bit 04 causes clouds to flicker yet it's the most important bit for SLI performance... so it's up to the game developers to patch their game engine to stop clouds from flickering and also patch out that fake fullscreen crap they're using which prevents downsampling and causes the first GPU not to reach full GPU usage too.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=155674&page=5

I sent in a support ticket with ED! I suggest you all do the same too.

Yeah be sure to submit a support ticket directly with ED... that's your best bet for SLI compatibility tbh. It's definitely their game engine which is usually the case anyways with all games...

• They should fix clouds flickering and some minor shadow flickering to improve NVIDIA SLI compatibility with either SLI bits 0x081000F5 preferrably... or at least 0x080000F5
  • They should fix stuttering issues with NVIDIA SLI enabled. Same goes for AMD CrossFire from everything I've seen on the forums
  • They should add "True" fullscreen instead of just borderless windowed and windowed modes which would improve SLI scaling as the first GPU never matches the second GPU in usage due to borderless windowed. It also prevents resolution downsampling from working (NVIDIA Dynamic Super Resolution & AMD's Virtual Super Resolution)

Use this link amigos:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

Here's what Mine looked like. Essentially just copied and pasted all my stuff. :P

ceOZVckt.png

PLEASE! Reply to this thread on the geforce forums if you have any issues with the test SLI bits as I might not check this thread:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/903615/sli/dcs-series-sli-/3/

So I wanted to test DCS 2.0 since it's going to be the latest build as you said... and WTH!!! It says on their website free-to-play for DCS 2.0 so I downloaded it and says two free aircraft... but you have to buy the terrain DLC and it's $50!? :(

So I at least tested the main menu in SLI hahaha... Just waiting for DCS 1.5 to download meow. Luckily it seems DCS 2.0 content is getting copied to 1.5 thank god I don't have to waste too much bandwidth re downloading everything...

Anywho? DX1x SLI bits 0x080000F5 seem to work good on the main menu... Try those out on DCS 2.0 please. Just use NVIDIA Inspector and change the DX1x SLI bits to that 0x080000F5 is all I did. It seems to be the most compatible SLI bits for most DirectX 11 games anyways.

Like this:

Kxy6yVv.png

Don't worry about the title of the game, it seems like the DCS series all use that same dcs.exe so that's all that matters for NVIDIA driver profiles tbh.

If you have any graphical artifacts please post results here and use MSI Afterburner in your screenshots if you can too please to give me an idea if scaling, GPU usage and clock speeds are ok.

Here's DCS 2.0 SLI tests on main menu with single-GPU:

OooHCXot.png

Here it is with DX1x SLI bits 0x080000F5:

BaBGQjKt.png

So 21.6fps single GPU and 40.4fps with those SLI bits... that's good news as DCS 2.0 should be SLI friendly.

Here's more info on how to use NVIDIA Inspector in case you're new to it:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=570718026

Just follow the examples but of course use "Digital Combat Simulator: Black Shark" profile instead.

[uPDATE1]

Yep! Looks like DCS 1.5 also likes DX1x SLI bits 0x080000F5 as I'm not getting any artifacting and it runs great.

If you have a DCS 1.5 replay recommendation I could further test with to ensure it's working good that would be appreciated too... this flight sim is definitely too hardcore for me lol. :P

Here's my test settings:

BurlXt2t.png

Here's single-GPU at the starting training area:

iUcr5Ibt.png

Here's multi-GPU same area:

E2MxKD2t.png

So 110.7 FPS to 181.6 FPS. Pretty darn good gain. ;)

But yeh... any graphical anomalies with those SLI bits? Please post a screenshot on here. I use imgur since it's free and doesn't have crappy compression like some other image sharing sites but up to you what you use.

[uPDATE2]

Yeah I must be dumb or something as I can't seem to find DCS 1.5 replay downloads to better test these SLI bits haha I saw missions and qualification training thingies on that user files portion but no replays... @j123vanhoog, can ya point me in the right direction please or link me one of your replays? :P

Lol it's honestly the first and only SLI bits I've tested so far. It looks like ED did a fantastic job of their DirectX 11 implementation on DCS that is super SLI friendly. Maybe in the past they did work with NVIDIA to get SLI support in DirectX 9 by the looks of it and it luckily still holds true in DirectX 11.

Here's my super short test notes heh:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7RnSWm3LBorVUxjY2FYV2NDa2s/view?usp=sharing

[uPDATE3]

nevermind lol after more testing 0x080000F5 is still the best bits. 0x081000F5 does give a slight framerate boost but shadows flicker a little when looking around the cockpit.

[uPDATE4]

Hmm, there is a slight flicker I noticed on the cockpit shadows after the loading screen on the training mission but as soon as you click "fly" it disappears. Very minor artifact that doesn't affect gameplay so that's lucky... to fix that though? ED would need to patch it. Tweaking SLI bits does not make it go away.

So yeah... my first SLI bit tests were the best and everything else either causes shadows to be non-transparent, flickering or "heat stroke" as I'm calling it since your vision goes blurry like your brain is melting from the sun. :P

Not too shabby! Only about three hours of smashing face on keyboard to test it all to see if it could be improved over my first test which it could not without sacrificing artifacting.

[uPDATE5]

Heyyo,

It "should" be... for the most part. It works great on my rig and on EntropySG's computer it sounds like it works with VSYNC On.

But as I stated above? I don't have tri-SLI or Quad-SLI so I can't confirm it works for them... but the last bit in that SLI string? the 5? That should add support for three and four GPU setups. Usually if an SLI compatibility bit ends with 1 it'll only work with two-way SLI... so yeah, that still needs to be tested.

I was going to try dynamic super resolution but apparently DCS hates downsampling... trying to do 3840x2160 to 1920x1080 has the user interface not scaling properly and I can't click on the menus hahaha... so I cry myself to sleep every night that I don't have a proper QHD or UHD monitor. :P

Luckily? Screenshots grabbed by MSI Afterburner are in the native QHD 3840x2160 resolution! So I can at least test the main menu in 4K QHD hahaha. :pilotfly:

Settings tested for 4K UHD:

TvoyFzVt.png

Single-GPU 4K UHD:

LgOTX2dt.png

SLI On 4K UHD:

naJLKx8t.png

So from 8.3FPS to 16.2FPS on the main menu clouds! Fantastic! That's a 200% performance gain! :)

So these SLI bits should REALLY benefit those with 4K UHD and 2K QHD monitors at least from what I can see on the main menu hahaha... so yeah, if someone has a native 4K UHD and/or 2K QHD monitor? Please test the SLI bits as I can't even load the training missions or anything. :joystick:

Edited by ThE_MarD

Hey ThE_MarD,

This is very promising stuff, thanks a lot!

I just ran DCS 1.5 on my 2xGTX970 rig with the 0x080000F5 compatibility bit

setting and it seems that for the first time I now get

*) good SLI usage

*) greatly improved framerates

*) no more flickering clouds!

Testing continues but this looks great so far.

Thumbs up mate

EDIT: Unfortunately further testing revealed same old problems. I get much better performance on a single card at the moment so for me it's back to that.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

No difference here to forcing AFR2 in profile with SLI.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2630525&postcount=199

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

• 1 month later...

Hi ThE_MarD

I´ve tested this bit 0x080000F5 on my 2x GT750M. But with no changes. FPS are the same, and clouds still flicker. I tried 0x081000F5 also, bu with no change.

MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS, i5 8600K, MSI GTX 1080 GamingX, 16 GB DDR4 3000MHz, 500 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD

0x081000F5 works for me. @ 40% increase in FPS. Some cloud flickering which ALMOST fully resolves with panning and zooming external (F2) view a bit.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

0x081000F5 works for me. @ 40% increase in FPS. Some cloud flickering which ALMOST fully resolves with panning and zooming external (F2) view a bit.

same here and in some situations via testing i have double the frame rate at 4k

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Also works for me but have the flickering clouds issue... It's not much of a problem in cockpit but they continue to flicker in external views.

Also, I see a slight light/dark flickering when panning my view. Anyone else getting this?

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat