SLI Problems in 1.5

Abburo

AFR and AFR2 simply reverse the work load,

So if AFR2 is jerky, try AFR.

It might be jerky due to MultiGPU compatibility.

For AMD, Setting an AFRmode results in every other frame being a black or empty frame, will have to double check my curre t mode for AMD.

I wouldnt rely on that blackshark profile in nVidias drivers, its Ancient, meant for BlackShark 1.02 and DX9,

NOT DX11

Could you share your in game and CCC settings? And anything "special you have done...:helpsmilie:

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you share your in game and CCC settings? And anything "special you have done...:helpsmilie:

+1

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

New Nvidia Drivers Are Out

New Nvidia Drivers

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/92212/en-us

The bad news, my SLI is still suffering from a speech impediment and flickering clouds.

The good news, these new drivers make single card performance even better for me: smoother / better clipping / no skips at all.

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Loaded up the latest drivers, and got SLI working (sorta...). Did some analysis of the stutter, with GPUz, (see image). Note memory usage was 2500mb (1920X1200 hdr off and blurring off everything else max/ultra) well within system limits.

Edit:

Did the same test with a single gpu (sli disabled). And pretty much the same result.....So not an SLI problem from what i can see.

Office15_261.jpg

Office15_262.jpg

Edited by Fish

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

Loaded up the latest drivers, and got SLI working (sorta...). Did some analysis of the stutter, with GPUz, (see image). Note memory usage was 2500mb (1920X1200 hdr off and blurring off everything else max/ultra) well within system limits.

Edit:

Did the same test with a single gpu (sli disabled). And pretty much the same result.....So not an SLI problem from what i can see.

Office15_261.jpg

Office15_262.jpg

Funny, my SLI graph looks like this but my single gpu is completely smooth.

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm new to this forum and pretty new to the DCS world. I've been flight simming for over 20 years, but other than the "tacpac" in fsx, this is my first combat flight sim. I absolutely love it!

The only issue that I'm having at the moment is SLI. It works excellent in the older DCS Blackshark, but not so much in the new 1.5 beta. I understand this is a beta, so hopefully a proper sli profile or fix is forthcoming.

In the meantime, I can usually get just about anything working with SLI using Nvidia Inspector. Unfortunatelly, no such luck with 1.5. As the name is the same "dcs.exe", I'm not able to add the new build to the existing Blackshark profile in Inspector. I also cannot add 1.5 to the Nvidia control panel for the same reason.

I have tried all of the suggestions in this thread, but so far "no joy". I simply can't get the second card to play along.

Performance on a single card (gtx980) is not too bad and should be ok in the meantime, but if anyone has any new suggestions or workarounds, I'm all ears! At 2560x1440 I'm getting a bit of stuttering of the ground textures at very low level. With SLI cranking in the previous version, that would never occur. I truly love the new engine, but I love high resolution, 60 fps locked, vsync and ultra smooth gameplay even more!!

My specs are in my sig. I look forward to posting some more here and getting alot more involved in this awesome sim!

Cheers

Eric :)

I7 4790k EVGA 1080ti FTW 16gb Corsair Dominator Acer Predator 2k 165hz Thrustmaster Pedals & Warthog TrackIr5

For some reasons DCS 1.5 will not go fullscreen by itself no matter settings are in place. SLI functionality works only in fullscreen.

After game have started force entering fullscreen by pressing Alt+ENTER.

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to make a difference for me. I have tried that a few times and still only 1 card is working no matter what. See graph below. That is after hitting "alt-enter" while in game.

btw- as a side note, I notice that the new opening screen (gui) is maxing out the 1 card at 100%, a bit strange is all.

grrap_zpscbvkjbv3.jpg

I7 4790k EVGA 1080ti FTW 16gb Corsair Dominator Acer Predator 2k 165hz Thrustmaster Pedals & Warthog TrackIr5

SLI 1.5?

My fps stays the same with one card or two? Vsync is off. Are we supposed to get a SLI fps boost with 1.5? Anybody else have the same result?

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

My fps stays the same with one card or two? Vsync is off. Are we supposed to get a SLI fps boost with 1.5? Anybody else have the same result?

Even if the FPS is increasing with very few units when running in fullscreen the stutering however is completely gone.

Maybe your case is more related to video memory... do you have more than 2G? To compensate this work with your game details lowering them until your graphic memory will not be exceeded.

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

The game performs very nicely on one card so if it uses sli properly it should be much better, hopefully an official update will distribute the gpu 2 power that is being unused.

None of the workarounds proposed in this topic solved your problem? Or you just wait for official solving of this issue?

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Using AFR2 will run SLI for me, BUT... its what also causes the micro stutters (w/ or w/o vsync set to 58 fps). If I change it to AFR single then for some reason I only get 25-30 frames while in SLI AND both my GPUs seem to only use have half their clock speeds/power/potential.

How stuttery is the micro stutter? aRe we talking about frame drops or frame range drops?

Because 58fps vsync (unless I misunderstand something here) would always cause frame drops in assumable 60Hz or 120Hz refresh rate, wouldn't it?

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

SLI gives me no more FPS then single card. :(

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

SLI is working for me. I see both cards at at 40-60% usage reported by PrecisionX.

I'm also seeing flickering in the sky with high clouds.

I need to do more testing; happy to check anything where needed.

I haven't done a full round of testing as yet. Will also do single card testing to see how results match.

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

That doesn't mean sli is working that means it is broken. Their should be no flickering and just because some tool is saying cards are in this case barely being utilized also does not mean sli is functioning correctly.

Fact is it cannot function correctly because their is no profile for this new version of dcs. Single 980 works way better than sli in my case, and let's not talk about how jacked up 3dvision is at the moment also. Anybody have definitive answers or solutions to these two problems?

:megalol:

It's working here from what I can tell; monitoring tools show it working at the card level.

I've linked the Black Shark SLI Profile to the DCS Beta exe. SLI AFR enabled. Everything completely Max(Mirrors Off; DOF Off) No Stutter.

However, yes there's some optimizations to be made; that's obvious from the input being provided..

Edited by _Dredd

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

:megalol:

It's working here from what I can tell; monitoring tools show it working at the card level.

I've linked the Black Shark SLI Profile to the DCS Beta exe. SLI AFR enabled. Everything completely Max(Mirrors Off; DOF Off) No Stutter.

However, yes there's some optimizations to be made; that's obvious from the input being provided..

How did you do that? I can't seem to do it. I have an sli profile in inspector for black shark but I cannot seem to link it to the beta. The reason seems to be that the .exe has the same name for both "dcs.exe".

How did you get around that? I can't even bring up the beta in the nvidia cp for the same reason!

Thanks

:)