DCS: L-39 Skinning Thread

Chizh

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've been slowly working on a fake US Marines livery but I'm newbie with textures/photoshop.

[ATTACH]142703[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]142704[/ATTACH]

Wow!

Thats coming along nicely. I just got back to this thread. Thank you for taking it on.

-Jeff

I've been slowly working on a fake US Marines livery but I'm newbie with textures/photoshop.

That's very good. keep it up.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello guys, I would like to kindly ask you for help with Albatros skin. I do not know how to remove the mark on the tail. Not sure if it is in the PSD template, or not. Anyway I am not able to find it. May be something is wrong in description.lua. I suppose it is easy question for many of you. Thanks in advance

RlCeRoL.jpg

solved

solution:

Tail number entries have "_KIL" at the end. So set the decal texture material to empty. Like so:

Code:

{"L-39_MAIN_N_KIL", DECAL ,"empty",true};

Edited by Warsheek

• 4 weeks later...
Is it available?

Sorry for going radio silent, I haven't had the time to work on these again until now. Hopefully I'll finish them next week, the tail still has some errors and the nose is just god awful.

I also have no clue about US livery markings so they might not make any sense.

N2H6VLr.png

cJbof6m.png

Meanwhile has anyone noticed a texture bug with the ZA? If I zoom out, the textures partly display the Russian livery, as if there was some sort of issue with LOD levels.

Did this one ever get done? Can't find it...

Think I´ll give it a try after I have finished my F-5 skin for the contest.

But it´s gonna take some time I think - depends on how much time I´m able to spend on it - but I always wanted to do a L-39 since it was released.

Do you have any additional information on color codes etc. ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

L-39ZA splinter camouflage

desert_front.jpg

woodland_side.jpg

I like this beautiful airplane , it is friendly to handle and has limitations that gives it character. To compliment the model I made "splinter camouflage" skins, a modern agressive look that blend well in the environment.

The download has a desert- and a woodland version. It is made with attention to weathering and decal details. The paint themes are available for all countries.

Download

Edited by piXel496
Merry Christmas

Love splinter camo. Nice job!

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

• 2 weeks later...