DCS: L-39 Skinning Thread

Chizh

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! Any idea on where this is? The rounded yellow part. Doesn't seem to be where the rounded intake area is.

gu97lz5.jpg

Makes me wish my monitor was a larger res. Hard to navigate such a large template!

here

N_vtelen-1_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Great skin Jack! Nagyon szép, esetleg Cápali, Cápeti, vagy Zümi közül nem tervezed valamelyiket megcsinálni?

Köszi! Megcsinálom idővel mindhármat

VFA-106

Thats awesome, are you planning on releasing it to everyone? I was going to try to make the VFA-106 Gladiators paint scheme if I can get some good pictures of it. it's one of the other L-39's from the Warrior Flight Team. But i'm sure someone else could do way better then me because im just starting to learn Photoshop lol.

Hey Josh,

By all means keep going on your paint it will be a great learning tool. I have also begun work on this paint. I also plan to do a multi-Shaded blue camo L-39 that is a local here in the Pacific NW. -Woog.

Can anyone here push me in the right direction?

So far I´ve done my skins with DCS running in the background and switching back and forth.

But I wanna try the model viewer now.

I´ve downloaded and installed it.

I´m opening the corresponding .edm file from Bazar\World\Shapes - but it seems that I can´t get the model viewer to show me the textures.

Wether I mount a directory or a ZIP file doesn´t matter. I´ve also tried to copy the textures / the ZIP into the temp textures folder of the model viewer (textures as .bmp 24bit).

Any suggestions for me?

For the stand alone MV the template needs to be the default name, which it isn't.

Download this one here http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2056922&postcount=4

You need to sort out the description.lua file and add the diffuse and spec maps in the folder.

On another note, how are the bort numbers done?

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Looks like the livery I was doing (Baltic Bees) was already done... maybe for the older L-39 model (the ZA)?

Suppose I can do the Art on Air version.

Old version won't work. New L-39 model UV mapping 100% different.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Thats awesome, are you planning on releasing it to everyone? I was going to try to make the VFA-106 Gladiators paint scheme if I can get some good pictures of it. it's one of the other L-39's from the Warrior Flight Team. But i'm sure someone else could do way better then me because im just starting to learn Photoshop lol.

The left side is almost finished. I have a few adjustments to make though, and I'm waiting on the actual pilots to send me some close up shots of some of the text in the "hard to see" areas.

Speaking of which, they've given me a thumbs up on how it looks so far. :thumbup: One area I do have a problem with is removing the board numbers on the tail... anyone have an idea on that?

vandy%20test_zpss5xyspse.jpg

Vandy_zpswp0onpj7.jpg

Edited by hog_driver111th

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Can anyone here push me in the right direction?

So far I´ve done my skins with DCS running in the background and switching back and forth.

But I wanna try the model viewer now.

I´ve downloaded and installed it.

I´m opening the corresponding .edm file from Bazar\World\Shapes - but it seems that I can´t get the model viewer to show me the textures.

Wether I mount a directory or a ZIP file doesn´t matter. I´ve also tried to copy the textures / the ZIP into the temp textures folder of the model viewer (textures as .bmp 24bit).

Any suggestions for me?

In model viewer, when you have the aircraft EDM file loaded, click on view at the top. Then Dialogs, then Show Liveries Dialog. It will then present you with a window showing all installed liveries.

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

The left side is almost finished. I have a few adjustments to make though, and I'm waiting on the actual pilots to send me some close up shots of some of the text in the "hard to see" areas.

Speaking of which, they've given me a thumbs up on how it looks so far. :thumbup: One area I do have a problem with is removing the board numbers on the tail... anyone have an idea on that?

vandy%20test_zpss5xyspse.jpg

Vandy_zpswp0onpj7.jpg

I wish I could help with that. still a beginner lol. hopefully someone will know But great job man, it looks really good already!!!

Is there any way to pull flaps ect. down in the model viewer?

At the top of Model viewer, there's a slider with -1000 on the left, and +1000 on the right. To the right of that is ARG #. Set both ARG #9 and #10 to +1000 on the slider. 9 is for the Right Flap, 10 is for the Left Flap. As you can see in my picture, I have both the flaps down.

As a side note, the first 8 arguments are for the landing gear, so if you're looking for other areas, start after the flaps. I'm trying to find the list of arguments, since there are hundreds (front pilot is #50, back pilot is #472). Hope this helps.

animations_zps4jzx3smj.jpg

update, and pretty much final. There's a small area of text that I can't figure out from pictures of the real jet, and I haven't heard back from the guy that actually painted the real one (only messaged him an hour ago). Once I get the text on there, I'll release this paint.

vandy%20edited_zpskvfybnaf.jpg~original

vandy1b_zpssoetwk8v.jpg