DCS: L-39 Skinning Thread

Chizh

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've finished my L-39 Royal Air Force - XX218 - 208Sqn skin and I'm just waiting on it being uploaded to the user files section. I've also started work on a Red Arrows skin. I've had to modify some parts of the skin.

Here is a sneak peek:

OjWQkdS.jpg

3gExdiS.jpg

I've also found a bug with the skin and I'm not sure why it's occuring if anyone can help I'd be appreciated. I've noticed a green rectangle of texture which seems to be missing even though I've textured it within the DDS file, here is a image of the issue,

KW5qICZ.jpg

any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I've uploaded my first skin to the DCS user files section earlier yesterday but it's still not been approved. I reuploaded it today, hopefully it will be approved. I have noticed that other files have been approved after I uploaded mine. Not sure why that is. If it's not going to be approved it would be good to know the reason why.

Update on my Red Arrows skin is that I'm almost finished just doing some finishing touches and having trouble with the nose section and trying to make it as accurate as possible to the real thing. I've uploaded some picture to a imgur album to relieve the image load of the thread.

http://imgur.com/a/xxj1m

Very nice looking skin George.

Does anyone know of a work around for the model viewer error? In V1.5 I can't reload the model and see changes to my skin, I have to exit the entire program and then reload it. Sadly, half the time it is minimized to. Just makes it a pain to view quick little changes.

Also, what lines pertain to the pilot and bort numbers? I'd like to remove the numbers and add a new pilot helmet and uniform. I assume I can just grab one of the .dds files of the pilots as they aren't included in the template.

I haven't found any workaround for that model reloading. There are more things broken with the viewer. Wireframe view for example, which is quite annoying, but it's beta...

If you want to remove the numbers, just look into lua and find the lines with DECAL parameter and then just use "empty" as texture name. Simple as that. For pilot, you have to work with what you have (and you can read the lines in there as well)

Yep, N2399X and N247SG are the only skins I'm going to use. Damn nice job, George.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

How's this skin coming along Mainstay? Looks great.

Trying to work on it when i have some free time now and then. Work pressure plus alot of stress dont leave me much free time nowadays.

Anyways im just as eager as you to finish it and use it as a completed livery :smilewink:

g8PjVMw.png