Can't login in-game

Chief Instructor

Hi,

I tried posting this in the bugs section but it won't let me post...

I can't login when in game. Therefore, I can't use the module manager properly. I have checked my user name and changed/reset my password but with no luck. My account works fine for the eshop and the forum (obviously).

Thanks!

Luke

CPU: Intel i9 13900KS @5.8GHz | MB: ROG Strix Z790 Gaming-E | GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX3090 OC | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Dominator DDR5 @6200MHz | Cooling: Custom CPU/GPU cooling loop | PSU: Supernova 850G2 @ 850W | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit
Storage: 3x Samsung EVO 970 Plus M.2 1Tb + 3x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250Gb | Input: TM HOTAS WH Saitek Combat Pedals | Output: Samsung 50" OLED TV | VR: HP Reverb G2 | Audio: Realtek + Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System

Hi,

I can't login when in game. Therefore, I can't use the module manager properly. I have checked my user name and changed/reset my password but with no luck. My account works fine for the eshop and the forum (obviously).

Thanks!

Luke

no login at all or no login after installation of a certain module?

You´d should provide some more information.

what exactly happens when you try to login? Ideally you´d provide a screenshot of an errormessage if there´s one.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Hi,

Thanks!

Luke

same here. not able to download modules via module manager and in game log in.

no login at all or no login after installation of a certain module?

You´d should provide some more information.

what exactly happens when you try to login? Ideally you´d provide a screenshot of an errormessage if there´s one.

When I first installed the 1.5 beta it logged me in from the main GUI screen. I installed several modules via DCS_updater.exe before restarting the sim and it was then that the problem started, so I don't know which if any of the modules caused it.

The message I get is the red "invalid user name or password" one. BTW, my password is simple and has no special characters in it!

Cheers.

CPU: Intel i9 13900KS @5.8GHz | MB: ROG Strix Z790 Gaming-E | GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX3090 OC | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Dominator DDR5 @6200MHz | Cooling: Custom CPU/GPU cooling loop | PSU: Supernova 850G2 @ 850W | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit
Storage: 3x Samsung EVO 970 Plus M.2 1Tb + 3x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250Gb | Input: TM HOTAS WH Saitek Combat Pedals | Output: Samsung 50" OLED TV | VR: HP Reverb G2 | Audio: Realtek + Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System

I got the same and solved it by using the lost password option on the DCS Beta initial screen. after changing my DCS password all works well.

I've tried that a few times but with no luck...:wallbash:

i am having the same issue, my password works on the website, and has no special characters.

When i first loaded open Beta it was very sporadically working, i had assumed it was just load related issues as it was on release day.

Since then it fails to login every time now stating "incorrect login or password" I own all the current modules, but just have one left to install that i didnt install on release day.

Here is either info about my system or things i have checked or done trying to resolve so far

* Windows 10 Pro

Tried with my network adapter on both private and public

Tried with windows firewall fully disabled and enabled (inducing reviewing rules that might be blocking

Disabled AV Software (Bitdefender), but no change

* Performed DCS Open Beta Repair

* Performed DCS Open Beta manual update

* Confirmed Password worked on ED Forums and store via full logout and login

* Confirmed Password worked in current 1.2.16 install of DCS

* Tried the Config copy referenced in this thread

For clarification on this i tried both:

Copying the whole Config folder

Copying just the network.cfg as mention in the thread

* Performed a manual password change on the website to try a new password, also ensuring only upper/lower case letters and numbers

* Performed a "reset" using the link in game, received the email and completed reset process, no change

* Confirming issue still persists for me after update to ver 1.5.0.45655

Please note any other details required to help the team with this issue

Edited by DracoLlasa
Updated details

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

Same problem here. Occurs with fresh install after first or second auto-update. Incorrect login bug disapears, in my case after deactivating or removing A-10C module. Combined Arms module has a similar effect, although it sometimes crashes DCS if A-10C module is also present and active. An unacceptable workaround would be staying offline (closing login window) to use these modules and deactivating these to be able to login/go online and use manager...

Confirming issue still persists for me after update to ver 1.5.0.45655

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

Just wondering if this is a confirmed bug?

I didnt see it on a search the other day and dont want to be double posting bugs, but i see a number of people with the same issue

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

are you using special characters in your login? ,<>* and so on?

can you rename your C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta folder, restart DCS and allow it to create a new one, redo your options and try login in again.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Also got this problem. Ended up doing two fresh beta installs today. Both times I could log in fine until I installed FC3.

Try a fresh install and install FC3 last. If you can login before installing FC3 and not after then that should confirm the FC3 module as the problem and ED will need to address it.

Also got this problem. Ended up doing two fresh beta installs today. Both times I could log in fine until I installed FC3.

Try a fresh install and install FC3 last. If you can login before installing FC3 and not after then that should confirm the FC3 module as the problem and ED will need to address it.

I went though something similar, for me i tried removing modules until it worked and for me it was the removal of Combined arms.

seems like it may be related to the license keys for hte modules, its important to ensure that all of the licenses you registered from your main install are all bound to the same user account. It looks in my case the Combined arms install of my 1.2 DCSW was using a serial number bound to another user account, after rebinding it to my account and using the tool on the DCS website to validate all serial numbers were bound to my user ID, i was then able to properly login to the the new DCS Open Beta Client, see all the modules, re-install CA, and even see the MP server lists properly.

So Jester, i would suggest trying the removal of FC3 from both installs, then validating the key.

When you login, every serial number that is active has to be bound to the same user account, otherwise you fail to log in. This seems to be a possible root cause

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Draco. I'll give that a go. :thumbup:

EDIT: Nope. Still can't login with FC3 installed. Double checked my copy is bound to the correct account, but if that module is activated, I get a message that username or password are incorrect.

Thanks for the suggestion though, Draco.

Edited by Jester_159th

sure thing, i hope it works.

At the very least it should let you get everything going without FC3.

I personally just figure out how to get the combined arms install corrected on my system so i am not at 100%, all modules working, i can logon and use both module manager and multiplayer in both 1.2 and 1.5.

Jester, Here is the process i use, if you can walk through it and see if it helps you that would be great validation

If you find it doesn't help or you have to do different things let me know, i will correct the post, or if its just me being a one-off, this fix was unique to me then i wont worry too much and wont reference it in other threads.

Process:

1.) get your proper serial number, preferably from original receipt, or module manager if still installed.

2.) Logon to the DCS website (not forums), go into your profile and use the function to check the key. when you put in the key and click check, it will show the username its bound too. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/licensing/

Make sure the key is correct, active and everything looks right or is fixed

Assuming you now have have the right key bound to the same username as all other keys, proceed.

<This is important, all keys used must be bound to the same user account, or you will get the failed login error>

3.) Install the problematic module (for me it was CA) into DCS 1.2

4.) Browse to, and run, the DRM tool to deactivate/active it with the proper key

For a plane module it would be like this:

\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\bin\fc3_protect.exe

For me with Combined Arms, its:

\DCS World\Mods\tech\CombinedArms\bin\CombinedArms_protect.exe

Enter the correct key and proceed in the tool (i found when i ran the exe, it had the wrong key, your situation may be different)

Close when completed and activated

5.) Open DCSW 1.2, Test the module works and is playable

6.) Validate you are able to open DCSW 1.2 Multiplayer and login

If this all works, then Proceed to the Open Beta Side

1.) Open DCSW 1.5

2.) Perform initial login on load screen and hopefully it will now work

3.) Load the problematic module from the module Manager

4.) Test connectivity to Multiplayer

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Draco...... You are...... Without doubt....... My ABSOLUTE favourite person right now!!!! :worthy:

I misunderstood your previous post and thought you meant the licence checker on the DCS store user account page. I didn't know about the tool in the game folders.

Done it as per your instructions above and can now login to DCS. Haven't been able to check multiplayer yet, but will get to that next.

Thank you so much for your help. Really appreciate it. Now if you'll excuse me I have some crashing....erm.... I mean landing practice to do.

:pilotfly:

awesome, im glad the added clarity resolved your issue.

Also thank you for validating the steps too, now hopefully others can find this use this to get there issue resolved as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you very much, problem solved.

Thought DCS 1.2 did not allow using keys from different accounts. My conflicting modules seemed to work fine in 1.2, here the confusion. Problem with having multiple accounts and keys...

Once again, thank you so much DracoLlasa!

Edited by Damarafaka

I was getting "no internet connection" message while trying to login. Neither router, nor firewall was causing this. I got windows 10 latest cumulative update two days ago and since then couldn't login.

Apparently missing (wrong?) certificate was an issue ( wireshark was showing that tls connection request is dropped while trying to login).

I have exported "VeriSignClass3PublicPrimaryCertificationAuthority-G5" from firefox and imported to "internet options" through control panel. Now connection works again and I can login to DCS MP.

I fixed this yesterday. It turns out that one of my licences (A10C) was bound to an old profile I used to have in DCS. This was preventing the game from loggin me in. I only found out after entering all of my serial numbers on the DCS site and checking them :-)

awesome, glad it seems to be working for many ppl

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DracoLlasa,

Thank you for your good advices! I am sure they will work for me as well. I have also found that I have been using 2 different user accounts and when I am on my Licencing page for the key, to which I want to change user account, I cannot find any editing possibilities. This is contrary to other modules, purchased at a later time , where such buttons are available.

Do you or anybody else have any idea how to fix the abv. described problem?

from what i understand what you have to do is login with the account that owns the key(s).

Then pull up your profile and do a license check for the key, when it comes up there will be a field at the top that says

"Bind to another user with login"

Enter the account you want to own the key then press the "bind" button.

Doing this you should be able to bind all of the keys to just one of your accounts.

If you are not able to to do this yourself, or for whatever reason dont have proper access to one of the other accounts, it would probably be best to just open a support ticket with ED directly so they can validate your identity properly and help consolidate the keys for you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DracoLlasa - Again thank you so much for helping out. I had some trouble with my old account so in the end I had to open an ED ticket, the result of which is that I was finally able to edit my accounts and I am back to being able to log in to the 1.5 Module Manager. PPUUUUUUHH!! that took some time, but thanks to you it was managable!

great news, glad you were able to get things sorted out

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]