Summary of my failed attempts to get into the game

Kenan

Ever since I downloaded Beta 1.5., I can't get into the game i.e. inside the cockpit view.

I tried deleting the Saved Games folder, updating the drivers, reducing graphics settings (shadows) but whatever I tried, I can't get into the game. The loading bar stops at either 80% or 100% (if I set everything to LOW and OFF).

The best I get is -sometimes- when the loading bar is at 100% I can hear the sound of engines running in the background and that's as far as my 1.5. experience goes.

Any suggestions?

I have a quad core Inter Processor @3.2 ghz,XFX R9 380 2GB, 16 GB of Ram, running under Windows 7.

Oh, and I also can't login in either beta or standard DCS World. In Beta I get either "No Internet Connection" or "Wrong username/password" messages..and my username does NOT contain any nonstandard characters (same goes for my password made of letters and numbers only).

So what do I do? Do I wait for an update and hope it fixes the issues I'm having? It's really drustrating not being able to see the game at all..It's a real bummer..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

Have you updated your beta since it first came out? I know there's been one update to it that fixed the "special characters in usernames" issue and I believe there may have another small update too (?) but don't quote me on that.

Have you checked the install in the mods manager or failing that, have you tried refreshing the activations. I think its done by starting the game and keeping ctrl pressed as it loads up. If nothing else you can see if the activations are active. Worth looking at I guess.

The only module I have on my Beta is FC3 and although it was already active, I re-activated it again. This however, didn't resolve anything.

I even tried disabling my anti-malware/anti-virus software but still nothing...

I'm afriad these are one of those "sit tight and hope it fixes itself thru some update" type of situations..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

When this error happened in earlier ver. of the Sim it was due to the Graphics API. controlled by the Redistributed files from Microsoft. I have answered this one in other posts but will do it here also. Most users had to remove the old ver. and reinstall them before they got positive results.

There are redistributed packages for 2005,2008,2010,2012and14. all need to be added/reinstalled.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2977003

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

When set at High Settings, it usually hangs around 80% loading bar. When all set to Low or Off, it hangs at 100% loading and sometimes (rare though) I can hear engine running in the background. My hardware specs meet/exceed the game's requirements so it seems to be a software-related problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

So I downloaded the update and finally got to see the cockpit. I was happy to be able to finally play the game when I realize that was it: a frozen picture of cockpit view with sound running in the background.

Very dissapointed. Not sure what to do anymore. Actually, on the second attempt cockpit moved to ONE frame before being frozen..as if the video card is an issue but it shouldn't be. (XFX R9 380 and freshly installed latest stable drivers)...

Meh..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

Got any devices attached to your rig? Try pulling them all out (including your hotas/joystick) and see if you can get in game.

Also, check your windows logs in the event viewer (application & system) - any errors in that?

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

After a long testing/trial and error session, I have managed to play the game...but only if I disable the following:

Textures set to LOW

Shadows and Terrain Shadows to OFF

Water to LOW

G-Breath Audio Disabled (not sure but this one may actually causing crashes as well)

Model Visibility to OFF

All other settings are set to HIGH and the game runs fine. If I enable or up anyone of the settings listed above, game freezes few seconds into the mission.

Well, at least I can play it! The depht of field thing looks pretty ugly in my opinion (and it uses up FPS). The missile trail and the way missile flies towards the target feels so real..I LOVE IT! :)

The AI seems to be tweaked. It's no longer suiciadal shooting missiles at crazy G-Turns...which is also nice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

I'm having the same symptoms.

Got a black screen when first loading, but injected 15.5 AMD drivers as another thread suggested and that got me to the main screen at least. From there it locked up when trying to load a mission, either right when bar reaches 100% or after cockpit loads and the game prompts you to press FLY.

Read this thread and switched to all low setting and game loaded just fine, was able to fly without any issues. Haven't tested specific setting but I'd guess Kenan's observations are accurate.

My specs:

Windows 7

i5 2500K

8GB RAM

AMD R9 380

Seems like everyone with similar issues are running AMD cards.

I had the same problem at the first day of 1.5, but after I changed the graphics to low it worked. I put them back to high/ultra and it keeps working. Don't know what was wrong there :dunno:

I'm also running AMD here.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I would like to note (discovered this just yesterday as I fly mostly russian birds) that the settings "fix" I applied to the game (lowering textures and disabling shadows) apparently does not work when trying to fly F-15 (haven't tried the A-10A). The game freezes at 80% loading bar.

I don't have this problem when trying to fly Flanker, Mig or Su-25 (at reduced system settings of course).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

I would like to note (discovered this just yesterday as I fly mostly russian birds) that the settings "fix" I applied to the game (lowering textures and disabling shadows) apparently does not work when trying to fly F-15 (haven't tried the A-10A). The game freezes at 80% loading bar.

I don't have this problem when trying to fly Flanker, Mig or Su-25 (at reduced system settings of course).

Try my suggestion in the other thread. It might help if we are actually experiencing the same problem. Other than the settings I describe, it seems you can pretty much set whatever you want.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=150569

• 4 weeks later...

Kenan, I recently got hold of an XFX R9 380 4gb card and straight away i started to get the same problem as you, so i spent a good part of the afternoon trawling through the various .dlls available on this site

https://mega.nz/#F!8tlAhDyQ!2AkAQukJKAYuIWEzDTGtFA!l4FjhA7R

It looks like 14.6 beta.zip set solves the problems completely, you should definitely give them a try.

edit: attached the files directly here, just extract and drop the two .dlls into your bin folder of DCS 1.5.1

Edited by Mustang
  • Like 1