Favorite loadout for the Su-25T

Bacab

Favourite or most effective? Probably the most effective is the standard 16 Vikhrs with a couple of Kh-29Ts or Kh-29Ls and some rockets.

Whatever you prefer when you have to deal with armored vehicles.

Why the heavy Kh-29 if I may ask ?

Whatever you prefer when you have to deal with armored vehicles.

Why the heavy Kh-29 if I may ask ?

Or the Kh-25L. I just said the 29T because it is fire-and-forget. However, I do find it is not super accurate - especially against moving targets.

The 29T is great agains buildings, and SAM, ILGA and canons because it's fire & forget and you have time to flare and escape before the enemy starts shooting at you, which is not the case when you fire the Vihkrs you must continue to approach the target until you hit the target

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious

Depends what I expect to be going against. Your load should always reflect the requirements for the mission you're flying.

For example:

• If it's just pure armour and no AA then I'll load up on VIKHRs and heavy rockets and keep pounding until I run out of fuel.

• If it's a mix of AA and armour then I'll bring some anti radar missiles and some VIKHRs.

Vikhr seems to be a popular choice. I don't really like them because they require the firing plane to keep it's trajectory until the impact, they have a short range and they are not very accurate. I prefer bombs, rockets and guns because they are fire&forget (well kind of) so you can make evasive manoeuvres right after having fired them.

How many vihkr do you fire in one pass ?

Vikhr seems to be a popular choice. I don't really like them because they require the firing plane to keep it's trajectory until the impact, they have a short range and they are not very accurate. I prefer bombs, rockets and guns because they are fire&forget (well kind of) so you can make evasive manoeuvres right after having fired them.

If you gain some altitude from the target before firing, they have a much better chance of hitting. I'll also use air brakes to slow my closing speed and give me more time. I'll kill 3 or 4 targets in a pass although I've heard of people killing a lot more. Also depends what the air defence threat is like.

3 on a good pass, but apparently that's an exploit.

If you fire Vikhrs from 10km, you will never get hit by an IR missile that is located at the target. Usually you can get away with two. The range is good enough to make you untouchable if you are patient and don't have trouble locating the target.

Loading Kh-29s and Kh-25s just make me feel silly, on the otherhand. A flying brick in search of overkill.

Myself I really like the racks of 4 FAB-100s. Spread like a cluster bomb, but they hit tanks harder and have none of the fiddly behavior.

Station 1:R-60s

Station 2:S-13s

Station 3:Kh-25MPU

Station 4:Vikhr

Station 5:Fuel

Station 6:ELINT

Station 7:Fuel

Station 8:Vikhr

Station 9:Kh-25MPU

Station 10:S-13s

Station 11:R-60Ms

I don't use ECM because it's a magnet for Opfor CAP and if radar SAMs do spike me I'd like to know as far away as possible to either avoid them or smash them with Kh-25MPUs.

I have great success with the S-13s for general purpose runs and I'll generally only do one rocket run anyways so the amount I get is just fine for my purposes. I guess you could swap the MPUs for fuel and replace the inner wing fuel with Kh-58s but their weight is just too much for the level of threats you'll see in general CAS. You could also do the same for Kh-29Ts but they can't track moving targets and the laser version is too heavy of a weapon to be justified using without its F&F capabilities. If I'm doing a pure SEAD mission then I'll take Kh-58s, but otherwise they're not justified in most cases.

My Specs:

Win 10 Pro 64bit/ i7 6770K 4.5Ghz/32GB DDR4/ GTX 1070 SC/Samsung SSD

Warthog Stick/TWCS Throttle/TrackIR 5

Station 1:R-60s

Station 2:S-13s

Station 3:Kh-25MPU

Station 4:Vikhr

Station 5:Fuel

Station 6:ELINT

Station 7:Fuel

Station 8:Vikhr

Station 9:Kh-25MPU

Station 10:S-13s

Station 11:R-60Ms

I don't use ECM because it's a magnet for Opfor CAP and if radar SAMs do spike me I'd like to know as far away as possible to either avoid them or smash them with Kh-25MPUs.

I have great success with the S-13s for general purpose runs and I'll generally only do one rocket run anyways so the amount I get is just fine for my purposes. I guess you could swap the MPUs for fuel and replace the inner wing fuel with Kh-58s but their weight is just too much for the level of threats you'll see in general CAS. You could also do the same for Kh-29Ts but they can't track moving targets and the laser version is too heavy of a weapon to be justified using without its F&F capabilities. If I'm doing a pure SEAD mission then I'll take Kh-58s, but otherwise they're not justified in most cases.

My computer is having a very hard time rendering rocket explosions so even if I would like to use them, I don't. Is that not an issue for you ?

How do you guys make use of the Mercury LLTV pod ? I'useless in daylight, and at night you see nothing at all. I understand 'Low Light TV" but never have a chance to use it.

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious

Whatever the mission gives me.

Tip.

The Shkval+laser has gimbals and so you don't don't need to point the nose of the aircraft at the target for the weapons entire TOF. I start gently turning off target about five seconds before weapon impact, helps when it works.

My computer is having a very hard time rendering rocket explosions so even if I would like to use them, I don't. Is that not an issue for you ?

No not really, high round count gun runs with the A-10C dip my frames a bit, but just the 10 S-13s don't have any problems.

My Specs:

No not really, high round count gun runs with the A-10C dip my frames a bit, but just the 10 S-13s don't have any problems.

And yet your computer is slightly less powerful than mine according to your signature. Did you modify the config file ?

Su-25T anti-armor payload. Should be all laser guided missiles.

The kh-29T is not recommended because the vehicles keep moving. The rocket attack is not recommended with the Su-25T, it is better do the rocket attack with the Su-25A much better for this attack.

I recomeded only use 6 pylons.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Su-25T anti-armor payload. Should be all laser guided missiles.

The kh-29T is not recommended because the vehicles keep moving. The rocket attack is not recommended with the Su-25T, it is better do the rocket attack with the Su-25A much better for this attack.

I recomeded only use 6 pylons.

So only Vikhr and Kh25 ML for you ?

How do RBK behave against MBT ?

And yet your computer is slightly less powerful than mine according to your signature. Did you modify the config file ?

Nope no modifications to anything. I usually will dip in frame rates from 130-140ish to 100-90ish when releasing a full load of 160 S-8s.

My Specs:

So only Vikhr and Kh25 ML for you ?

How do RBK behave against MBT ?

RBK does not work against modern MBT but yes Vikhr, Kh-25 ML and S-25L (this two with larger reticle (30) to avoid the auto-lock AC and manual correction of impact point with a couple meters in front vehicle trajectory). The distance to correct the impact point should be proportional to the vehicle speed. The Kh-29L too, but this is simple too much for MBT targets, this missile can make disappear a tank in real life, but is too much for such target with more than 300 kg TNT plus speed, weigh and impact.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nope no modifications to anything. I usually will dip in frame rates from 130-140ish to 100-90ish when releasing a full load of 160 S-8s.

You are lucky. From the launch to the end of the explosions I'm down to less than 20 FPS with a Core i5 4670 and a GTX970 when firing rockets.