Windows 10.....Considering the upgrade

I'm still using DCS (and X-Plane 10) with W8.1 without any issues/complaints. My computer is used almost exclusively for flight sims. I'm considering upgrading to W10 but I'm concerned that I might be inviting problems that I don't have. So, I'm asking myself should I just leave good enough alone or upgrade? My computer specs are in my signature. I'd appreciate any advice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

It depends a bit on whether you have some external equipment connected to DCS, monitors or controllers. If you have specially built drivers you have a problem. Other then that your spec seems good to go for Win10. The Warthog stick works fine as far as I know but I don't use that stick myself, you may need to check that out.

I have similar hardware as you except for the video card (ignore my sig, haven't updated it). Everything works fine in Win10. I did notice some strange behavior from doing an upgrade in place over 8.1 with some drivers. All that was required though was to uninstall and reinstall those. Be particularly mindful if you have any utilities installed from the MOBO manufacturer.

I'm still using DCS (and X-Plane 10) with W8.1 without any issues/complaints. My computer is used almost exclusively for flight sims. I'm considering upgrading to W10 but I'm concerned that I might be inviting problems that I don't have. So, I'm asking myself should I just leave good enough alone or upgrade? My computer specs are in my signature. I'd appreciate any advice.

No problem here with an arduino Uno r3, two Leonardo and a lot of scripts from AHK to lua as well as my wpf app for managing radio systems on a second PC.

I upgraded from 8.1, no format :)

You'll have a smoother fps in DCS but also in a lot of games. ;)

(Smoother != More)

I'm flying since 1988 (Flight Simulator 3.0) :pilotfly:

I am also considering win 10. What is the big advantage over win 7? Better FPS, take advantage more advanced DX etc, or what else? :unsure:

Thanks,

Asus ROG Z390, I9 9900K , 32 GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 2080 Ti , Win10 64, Rift CV1 & S VR

I am also considering win 10. What is the big advantage over win 7? Better FPS, take advantage more advanced DX etc, or what else? :unsure:

Thanks,

The biggest advantage as a gamer (if you do more than DCS) is obviously DX12. There are lower level changes largely carried over from 8.1, but obviously with the more familiar GUI elements.

Thanks for the input, guys. I did the upgrade and so far (knocking on wood) there have been no issues with the minor exception that I needed to upgrade my Realtek sound driver as the volume was slightly lower.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]