AI ground unit pathfinding

Hello,

The ground unit path finding is quite broken at the moment. Especially in a hilly terrain. In the example track there are 3 groups of tanks and one infantry squad to illustrate the issues. One of the tank groups gets just stuck on the road for no apparent reason and does not continue. Sometimes it also happened to me in the same area that one half of the group just decided to go west when they cleared the valley and went for about 2 km away (nowhere near their waypoints which are to the south) where they also got stuck in a forest while the rest of the group continues on their way. Also the infantry squad gets pretty much stuck in the village endlessly rotating between buildings. This often happens to vehicles as well near buildings or terrain gradients. I can produce other example tracks if needed as the problems are easily reproducible.

It is a bit annoying as I wanted to create a mission where enemy infantry would hold positions in the village and surrounding hills, attack a checkpoint at the valley entrance and then when the blue forces are ejected from the checkpoint continue into the city which is quite impossible to do as the infantry just keeps looping between buildings in the village.

edit: It seems to me that it works a bit better when the formation is set to simple "off road" although the problem with the units endlessly rotating between buildings or near terrain gradients still happen.

ai_pathfinding1.trk

Edited by lanmancz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

Also related to the subject - units don't seem to be passing through checkpoints very well.

ai_checkpoint1.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S