AI despawn?

dooom

hey all - i used to use MIST quite regularly to help with the respawn activities of AI flights. I note with 1.5; however, that the AI no longer despawns once they land at an AF (from no fuel or battle damage).

Was the despawning i observed in 1.2 something handled by MIST or DCS inherently? That they are not despawning now means that my CONTINUOUS -> GROUP DEAD (XX) -> DO SCRIPT: mist.respawnGroup('XX', true) trigger will no longer work because they are sitting on the AF.

I know I can force deactivations with traditional triggers but it is a bit laborious ... does anyone know if the lack of despawn by the AI is a feature or bug after they land?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

YIKES that's different.

(In v1.2 and lower) I code a difference into missions to detect an AI a/c landing, and follow that with an event to deactivate the a/c group at 29 minutes after In Zone and Unit Speed < 1, and I set a flag to indicate that this group was Deactivated vs Dead, because a Dead a/c will have a different outcome.

I get that you know how to do this, here it is for others...

But I do have some missions that will time out based upon the auto-deactivation of a landed a/c and the Dead condition that results 30 minutes later, so if this is a real change those missions will need to be adjusted.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

hmm i didnt think GROUP DEAD vs GROUP DEACTIVATE would have any difference on the respawn. I have a miz in 1.5 effectively demonstrating deactivation can trip a respawn. That said.. I'd love to see a DO SCRIPT that somehow includes a landed AI in its conditions so all the flag and triggers on each unit can be avoided.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

Its a feature built into the game as part of the resource system. Aircraft shutdown and all fuel/ammo is transferred to base resources, and after 30 minutes the aircraft would despawn. It is hard to know if something like that was changed by design or not, as I could see the argument either way. Ideally it would be an option if it was changed on purpose, but I'd venture to guess its a bug.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 1 month later...

any update on this? just trying to figure out if I have to create triggers to force AI to deactivate upon landing so that MIST will trigger the respawn... if this is a bug, I'll hang tight on creating the extra triggers... if this is the new normal then I'll just re-jig the missions before converting them for 1.5

No updates other than its reported. Can't give an ETA on it since I have no idea when it'll be addressed.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum