Just got my thrustmaster hotas...one quick question

I had the x55 system and returned it. Received my hotas from thrustmaster at work today but won't be home for several hours to test it out. Do I have to reset the profile I made using my x55 to default and then plug and play or do I simply have to plug the stick and throttle in and it will work with dcs right out of box?

Core i7 7700K @ 4.5

GTX 1080ti OC 11gb DDR 5

16 GB pc 3200 DDR with XMP

Crucial 500GB SSD

Crucial 1TB SSD

Asus 31.5" @ 1920x1080

Track IR

Thurstmaster pedals

Thurstmaster HOTAS Warthog

In short: you don't have to reset the x55 settings, because DCS recognizes that this HOTAS is not connected and ignores the profiles for it.

There is only one profile for the Warthog coming with DCS and that is for the A-10C. For all other modules you have to create your own profiles from scratch.

Don't forget to install the drivers for the Warthog before starting up DCS.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

In short: you don't have to reset the x55 settings, because DCS recognizes that this HOTAS is not connected and ignores the profiles for it.

There is only one profile for the Warthog coming with DCS and that is for the A-10C. For all other modules you have to create your own profiles from scratch.

Don't forget to install the drivers for the Warthog before starting up DCS.

Awesome, thanks so much!! I cant wait to try this bad boy out. Man these things are heavy! I didnt realize how heavy duty they were!!!

Core i7 7700K @ 4.5

GTX 1080ti OC 11gb DDR 5

Crucial 500GB SSD

Crucial 1TB SSD

Asus 31.5" @ 1920x1080

Track IR

Thurstmaster pedals

remember to clear categories once plugged in, especially in ALL and AXIS settings.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

thanks all I appreciate the feedback. I got it up and running! My only complaint is the slew button is very small. I remapped the slew to the coolie hat and the coolie hat to the mic key . Small change but the small button is very tiny and very quirky to work. Other than that, great setup!!!!

Core i7 7700K @ 4.5

GTX 1080ti OC 11gb DDR 5

Crucial 500GB SSD

Crucial 1TB SSD

Asus 31.5" @ 1920x1080

Track IR

Thurstmaster pedals

thanks all I appreciate the feedback. I got it up and running! My only complaint is the slew button is very small. I remapped the slew to the coolie hat and the coolie hat to the mic key . Small change but the small button is very tiny and very quirky to work. Other than that, great setup!!!!

There's a guy that mod'ed that with parts that you can order if you want to change it. The thread is on here, so you can search for it.

hsb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

There's a guy that mod'ed that with parts that you can order if you want to change it. The thread is on here, so you can search for it.

hsb

thanks I will check it out!! I figured there could be a slew hat made that could "click" onto the slew button to make it less cumbersome.

Core i7 7700K @ 4.5

GTX 1080ti OC 11gb DDR 5

Crucial 500GB SSD

Crucial 1TB SSD

Asus 31.5" @ 1920x1080

Track IR

Thurstmaster pedals