Video Recording in LOMAC Question

Hi , I've tried Fraps , and Easy Video Capture. I can't get any of them to work. I get Fraps up and running then i alt tab back into the game. press the hotkey nothing comes up nor no video saved. I tried even getting the FPS counter to come up , nothing is working :( I have the system for it lol. AMD 64 4000+ XFX Geforce 7900GTX 256mb PCI-E and 2 gigs of PC3200 ram. well anyways i know its not my PC thats the case. Am i doing something wrong ? is there a special way to get Fraps to work on Lock on ? I can get Fraps to work on every other game but this one but It's not liking me very much. any help is appreciated , Thanks.

Justin

Aka F14tomcat

:music_whistling:that worked.......... gonna pretend i didnt ask that as i feel like a moron now lol :music_whistling: may as well ask another question now , is there a way to get as good of quality as you see ? Fraps did it pretty low Quality.:( Whats the best way to get the best quality through recording ?

Whats the best way to get the best quality through recording ?

I guess it depends on what you're trying to do. If you're making a movie using vignettes, then for absolute best quality do the following: This will seem counterintuitive but... Turn all graphics settings to minimum except SCENES--set that to HIGH. Record your flight with the built in recorder (start the mission with CTRL-R). After saving it, turn your graphics settings as high as will allow decent framerates during playback. Run the track recording through the sim's AVI maker. You can then take those short AVIs and combine them into a movie in a video editor.

What I do myself (if I have both the time and the patience) is to record the mission with the graphics settings as low as I can stand except for SCENES. Record and save the flight. Edit the flight for views and resave it. Turn the graphics settings as high as I dare. Start Fraps and set the frames to 1/2 or 1/4 of what I expect to see during playback with Fraps running. Set the sim to play the track at the same 1/4 or 1/2 speed. Record with Fraps. Take the resulting avi into a video editor and increase the speed back to the original.

This gives you smooth video but out-of-synch sound. So you can either add your own sounds separately or... Go back and run the track a 2nd time at normal speed with Fraps running to capture the sound track. Separate the soundtrack from the video (I use an audio editor). Take the resulting soundtrack and combine it with the video you cranked up to normal speed and you're done.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.