ADI of KPP-1273K type

muffler

Some words about ADI

I tried to translate the original post from Russian

Sorry for my English :)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2511042&postcount=954

Dear leatherneck, for the sake of you I persuaded the teacher to present me the smashed KPP-1273K for experiments.

The card of pitch consists of two drums, one of them sprung, the pitch indicator tape is reeled up on it. Below a drum which is connected with the DG engine and the selsyn measuring a mismatch angle. That is how it looks:

7982858m.jpg

When on selsyns, the amplifier and the engine there is no the feeding voltage, the top drum, under the influence of a spring reels up a tape on itself and at the expense of an emphasis in the kinematic scheme of the drive, set to 90 degrees pitch of a dive. (On a photo I hold a drum with a finger in approximately such situation, because the drive isn't present and the top drum takes up on itself a tape up to the end).

When on selsyns, the amplifier and the engine there is no the feeding voltage, the top drum, under the influence of a spring reels up a tape on itself and at the expense of an emphasis in the kinematic scheme of the drive, set to 90 degrees pitch of a dive. (On a photo I hold a drum with a finger in approximately such situation, because the drive isn't present and the top drum takes up on itself a tape up to the end).

When are feeding voltage on the KPP-1273K, the mismatch signal from the selsyn arrives on the amplifier and emits the signal from there to rotation of the engine, which rotating all system, to seek to make a mismatch signal equal to zero. As a result the card of pitch holds position in compliance with the angular provision of a giroagregat.

The handle of pitch set is connected via the worm drive with the selsyn of pitch and rotates its case. That's because with lack of voltage on the KPP, and out of signals on selsyn, the handle of pitch can't rotate the card of pitch.

7951116m.jpg

7991055m.jpg

Look how it works in L-39C module, there is the same АГД-1, which consist with giroagregat and KPP-1273K

VR Pimax 8KX, i9-9900KF, RTX 2080Ti, RAM 32GB, SSD 970 EVO+ 1TB.

http://forum.aviaraf.ru

Looks like I've been a little too late. Oh well...

I'll just dump it here

Dear Leatherneck, I’ve just managed to extort a broken ADI from my teacher in tech school to assist you.

The pitch coil consists of 2 drums. One of them is spring-loaded and spools up the pitch indicator tape. The other drum below is linked with a dynamotor and a selsyn controlling the displacement angle.

<1st pic>

When the selsyns, amplifier and the dynomotor are not powered up, the upper drum spools the tape up under the spring load and puts itself on detents in 90° pitch dive position. (in the picture I’m keeping the drum in approximately such position to prevent the tape from being spooled up completely because there’s no transmission to hold it in place).

When the ADI is powered up, the amplifier receives a displacement signal from the selsyn and then transmits it to the dynomotor that works to nullify the displacement signal by driving the whole system. Thus the pitch coil takes position corresponding to the gyro tilt.

The pitch adjustment knob is linked with the pitch selsyn via worm drive. It rotates the selsyn’s housing. That’s why rotating the knob will have no effect on the powered-off ADI.

<2nd pic>

<3rd pic>

Besides, you can see the correct implementation of the ADI in DCS: L-39. It has the same АГД-1 set consisting of «458M» gyro and ADI.

I can also make a report on the gyro if you will. It does appear to have some problems too.

Edited by Harle