JTAC ceases communications for no reason

During the official "SMERCH hunt" mission the JTAC did not give me remarks after the initial 9-liner when asking him to do so. Frequency was correct, obviously and I was anchoring in his area.

Asking multiple times didn't help, neither did signing off and trying to do a new check-in - he just never answered anymore until I destroyed the target.

For another target, same mission, it worked, he gave remarks and comms seemed normal.

I've had this, too, during one of STP Dragon's updated JTAC training missions in 1.2.16 last edition - so it's not just a 1.5 thing.

I assumed it was either a range thing - though I was easily within RL range (I was a military telecom Radio Op class 1 by trade and am a licensed Radio Ham by hobby) - or the oft-cited problem of modern crappy radio equipment being simulated! :music_whistling:

I flew lower than the 9,000ft I'd been at and crossed over the JTAC location and this time heard everything. Shouldn't be the case, though. In previous flights, both SP and MP, I've heard everything, every time.

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

it looks like he has no LOS to other threats. Perhaps open mission and designate other contacts for him or move him closer (not too close!) to other threats, set him as invincible, immortal and see how this works.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

No, you are not understanding the issue.

He has given the 9 liner and then stops transmitting. He is alive and well and sitting with his two other JTAC pals in their Humvees - probably busy having a cuppa coffee or on his iPad to call back!

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2