C101 on steroids

splashman

Yep we can't figure this one out either Vibora.

It's something to do with the SFM and other aircraft in the mission.

A bug that transists from mission to mission and that is related somehow to other mission assets ... sounds like an issue with the ME itself. Either the way it generates (faulty) MIZ files or that it keeps something in memory that originates from an older mission.

Afaik there were some other bug reports that the ME messes up missions sometimes...

Alright, I've done some investigation with the Hawk. I couldn't replicate using the MiG-23MFD, so I went back to the mission that I could repeatedly and reliably get the bug: "Intercept" which is provided by VEAO. I went through each aircraft in the mission, deleting one group at a time, restarting the game and playing. For me it was Su-33s that were responsible: If I play the mission with Su33s, I get the superhawk bug, if I delete or change the Su-33s (to Su-30 for example) I get the normal Hawk behaviour.

Can you post that mission here as well, please?

Here is a simplified version of the mission that demonstrate the bug (on my system at least).

"Superhawk291115.miz" is just a hawk on the runway with a single waypoint and an Su-33 airborne with a single waypoint.

"SuperhawkControl291115.miz" is the exact same mission with the Su-33 replaced with an Su-30.

Note that the hawk devs haven't been able to replicate the bug, even though the Su-33 features in one of their missions.

Superhawk291115.miz

SuperhawkControl291115.miz

:joystick:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]:joystick:

Everyone in town used to throw rocks at me and tell me I was annoying. I once knew this guy named Dilby. He threw rocks at me too. Are you gonna throw rocks at me?.... What about now? ...What about now? ... ...What about now?

I load that mission in my DCS 1.5.1 and I still don't get the speed bug. Still gutted I don't get to fly the rocket ship, when it's my rocket ship :(

just a reminder, somehow the first mission you load determines the presence of the superpower. So if you loaded a normal mission previously without restarting DCS then you get no superpower.

Restart DCS and load the provided mission as the first mission. At least on my system and with the C101 ( and a MiG23 MLD) i can reproduce this behaviour consinstently.

BTW, bought the Hawk during the sale, thx for that, after finishing loading Nevada i'll redo the tests under 2.0 both with the C101 and the Hawk.

i7 2600K - 8GB - Win7/64 - Radeon R9 280 / 3GB

• 5 weeks later...

Same problem here if I load an old mission and even if I open and edit it in mission editor with 1.5.2 I have the "Super C101" ;)

I can resolve that if I load one instant action mission before my mission but I think it would be better to solve this "Super Bug" !! ;)

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...