Chat Enhancer and Text Enlarger for DCS World 1.5

BManx2000

Can I centralize the Mission Message (top/center)?

I run lots of mods and this one is invaluable to me.

Thank You.

Bump

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I uploaded a new version 0.8 which incorporates the official mul_chat.lua fix for disappearing mouse cursor.

The latest alpha version has reports of bad performance, so I am leaving version 0.6 in the main post again for use with the older version 2.0.3.

Is it possible to move the Message Boxes and Radio Menu?

Because it's pain in the *** to constantly move my head back and forth on my Tripple-Head Setup. Resolution is 5760x1080

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

Is it possible to move the Message Boxes and Radio Menu?

Because it's pain in the *** to constantly move my head back and forth on my Tripple-Head Setup. Resolution is 5760x1080

On my triple monitor setup:

Left screen [upper left corner] = FPS info

center screen [middle left edge ] = player message box

center screen [upper right corner] = radio menu/comms with ATC, flight, tanker etc.

Is this how you have it set up?

drag the envelope where you want it to be

Interested in moving the Mission Messaging Text (downed pilot coordinates etc..). Not Mail icon.

Thanks.

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

On my triple monitor setup:

Left screen [upper left corner] = FPS info

center screen [middle left edge ] = player message box

center screen [upper right corner] = radio menu/comms with ATC, flight, tanker etc.

Is this how you have it set up?

Thats how I want it to be since I don't use 3 Viewports but instead one viewport over the whole 5760x1080

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

Thats how I want it to be since I don't use 3 Viewports but instead one viewport over the whole 5760x1080

Yes I understand completely, with that I can't help you. When you use 1 viewpoint you lose the quality of the view out your left and right screens, that's why I changed back to 3vp and also there wasn't such a big FPS savings to stay on 1vp.

Edited by fitness88

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. Same here. Had in in my Mods file and had to remove it because the game wouldn't start with the mod activated.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

• ED Team
Yes. Same here. Had in in my Mods file and had to remove it because the game wouldn't start with the mod activated.

In my case just mouse in external views does not work with this mode enabled. I am using DCS 1.5.5.59992 Update 2.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

Interesting as when I have the mod installed via JSGME when I click the "fly" button the game crashes with "DCS has encountered a problem and has shut down". When removed, game works fine.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

• ED Team
I uploaded a new version 0.9 compatible with DCS 1.5.5.59992. Don't use 0.9 for the current alpha version or the chat will break.

Thanks it works fine now.:)

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for staying with this.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The very helpful mod (thanks by the way) isn´t working anymore. Mod version 1.0, DCS 1.5.6 Open Beta.

The chat messages don´t appear for 10 seconds every time there is a new message. The window disappear and don´t show up again.

Win10, Intel 2500K@4,4 MHz, 16GB RAM, ASUS STRIX-GTX1060, SSD CRUCIAL MX300 525 GB, 4K TV LG 50UH635V, FreeTrack, X52