Wind gusts

laugen

There is also the turbulence setting which is what you are looking for. Try setting the value to something like 50, it will rock your boat ;)

On a related note : It would be nice if the turbulence was calculated automatically by the dynamic weather system as now it is a separate parameter that has to be defined manually.

On a further related note : it would be nice to expand the dynamic weather system in the future to include further control with some forecast options.

Edited by lanmancz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

I know but I think that currently in sim the turbulence setting is the only option to stir up the smooth air that we otherwise have.

I agree that dedicated wind gust option would be better though. Ideally it should be calculated automatically by the dynamic weather system.

Edited by lanmancz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

Wind gusts are more frequent then steady winds, at least where i live. I would imagine Georgia with all those coastal airports to be somewhat similar. With the upcoming f18 and carrier ops in mind, I think this would be a major immersion factor.

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Well the weather system just needs a huge revamp anyway - localized weather, cloud types, winds, storm settings and severity, precipitation severity, weather that changes over time and here's something that FSX had - real world weather that updates itself as time progresses. I'd also love to see sea states (well upgraded water in general - improved and more realistic dynamic 3D waves, underwater simulation, improved ship rocking etc). But yeah the environmental side of DCS could definitely do with a revamp. :)

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

You know...

I'd like to see effects on jetblast and wingtip vortex.

We do have wingtip vortices; maybe you mean the effect of Wake Turbulence?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I fully agree ReconXPanzer here. I would be really grateful if ED implemented a new weather system in DCS

This includes advanced cloud types (cumulus, stratus, cumulonimbus, cirrus, etc.). There also needs to be the ability to have multiple cloud layers as well as simulation of gusting winds, microbursts, wake turbulence and jetwash; and an advanced precipitation system including rain, hail and snow of varying severity and localised to the cloud(s) from where they originate. Simulation of thermals, updraft, downdraft and turbulence effects due to terrain would also add to the immersion.

Also, the implementation of a weather station system for each airfield (similar to FSX/P3D) would be an excellent addition to the mission editor. This would allow you to fly from one end of the map to the other experiencing different types of weather conditions.

Personally, I think ED should look to add-ons for FSX such as Active Sky Next for inspiration if they do decide to create a new weather engine.

"What's that goat doing up here in the clouds?"

try setting the turbulence to 25 m/s, wind at 2000ft, 20 m/s from N, wind at 5000ft, 50 m/s from N-N-E 20 degrees, wind at 10000ft, 75 m/s from N-N-W 340 degrees (add fog depth, rain)...just an example of how I set it for hotas warthog test (no autopilot, waypoints, >500k distance, TO and LA) . mess up the weather settings and don't plan too mutch, it must take you by surprise, have fun always !

Su34 & F111 a dream fullfilled in fsx...[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 5600, 1050ti, 16 GVram, win10 , TM W hotas&rudder, waiting for 1060/1070 price fall or a new gpu family..f*&9 miners :)