[REPORTED]Stutter/Frame Drops when moving Camera

Verdi

I get the same problem when I look to the side with tack ir the scene seems to have a pulling effect. weird. When I look forward no problems. That seems to be in the BS. I think it may have to do with the rotor animation. Just a guess. GTX 780 Core I7 3.65 16 gig ddr3 windows 10 64

Edited by tobyeez

Is this in cockpit view only or in outside view? Does this happen when you switch cameras and then go back to cockpit view? Maybe you could just turn off external views for now and just stay in cockpit until they can figure out whats causing this?

This is in cockpit view. I sometimes admire the outside view, but don't use it as a preferences in counting my FPS, because I use to fly in cockpit view only.

So when I tested it, it was I cockpit view. As a side node. Putting on the mirrors have always been a FPS killer. But doing this now, makes it stuttering a lot.

But overall I think they at are doing a very fine job tuning this new graphic engine. Off course there are some bumps here and there and that's why is beta. This is just one of them.

Intel I7 4770K, Evga 1080 FE, win10 64Pro, 32GB ram, TracIR 5, Hotas Warthog, MFD Cougar x2, MFG Crosswind

Despite my effort, nothing seem to work.....i try differents settings, Vsync on/off, double check all is left to "application controlled"or "use the 3d application setting" in the nvidia control panel, full screen by pressing alt+enter when entering in game, options set to "low", nothing work. It's a real stutter fest in cockpit and in external view, hard to describe because english is not my native language but 60 FPS feel like 20 or less.... i think i will revert back to the hotfix 2 who was perctly smooth. Don't know if it's related, but if i choose the default theme (clouds) in the main menu, FPS are capped to 30, who make the mouse very juderry and notice also a very low GPU usage (<30% or less) while in game.

Not sure what might be going on, I am not seeing this at all, in fact my performance with hotfix 3 seems pretty much identical to what it has been all along for me.

The only severe frame rate drop I experience is if I have cockpit displays set higher than 512, then I get them when a missile hits viewing in the SHKVAL flying the Ka-50. At 512 every frame I get a little frame rate drop in that case, but not severe.

I have not experienced any stuttering so far. I have all my graphics the highest I can get , except DOF is off and cockpit displays to 512.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I kinda have my own theory:

I have not adjusted my graphics settings, but I did notice that the ground textures are in way higher resolution right now. Maybe this induced lag?

The thing that I can say is that my VRAM usage had definitely increased a lot, and often rockets up to the full 2gb, even when just sitting in the parking area on my own empty private server.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1068 met Tapatalk

Yeah, framerates have tanked for me as well with HF3. I'm seeing stutters and frame drops when flying over urban areas now.

EDIT: No, this actually happens at Batumi only. Other areas/towns seem to be OK.

EDIT2: DISREGARD THIS COMMENT! This was actually a vidcard config problem on my end, so turns out it didn't actually have anything to do with DCS per se. Running smoothly again...

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I see some hit around Kobuleti, but other wise only killer is with mirrors on. All settings 16Q, aniso x16, and everything maxed out, I'm getting constant 50 fps (locked vsync for 55" TV) at 2560x1440.

Around airports sometimes a dip to 35-47fps.

SLI with AFR2 or AF1, shows both cards doing equal work on average at 40-50%, sometimes up to 80. VRAM usage at 3280MB.

No frame rate stutter in cockpit with mirrors off, or external view.

I do have DOF turned off.

Edited by _Dredd

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

I'd like to chime in to this and say that the drop in frames only seems to occur when I move the mouse. When I look around with the joystick hat switch the frame rates are fine.

Perhaps this has something to do with the mouse cursor fix that ED implemented with the latest hotfix?

"What's that goat doing up here in the clouds?"

Is there any way I can revert to hotfix 2 when using steam?

The game is absolutely unplayable for me now.

It is lagging and stuttering constantly, freezing all the time and even very simple actions like sending a chat message wreaks havoc on the game.

I'd like to chime in to this and say that the drop in frames only seems to occur when I move the mouse. When I look around with the joystick hat switch the frame rates are fine.

Perhaps this has something to do with the mouse cursor fix that ED implemented with the latest hotfix?

I was just about to post that.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Oh good it's not just me, I noticed this as well after Hotfix #3.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "