relocation mission

Jim L

There is a fault with the relocation mission - it has been known about for a long time. You cannot get far in the mission because at some point it was altered incorrectly, the collective is stuck half way up and you start flying in the air instaed of starting from scratch and getting permission to get airborne - thus the mission is reported as failed.

This broken mission has nnow been released in the 1.5 version without being repaired what is going on DCS ??? - I used to enjoy playing this mission as it is good for practice of navigation and flight attitude. I can use my version from 1.2 but with every update it is replaced with the broken version again.CAN YOU PLEASE REPAIR AS IT WAS INCLUDED IN THE ORIGINAL BLACK SHARK AND IT WILL STILL WORK INTHE LATEST OFFERING IF YOU FIX IT.

sORRY IF tHIS SEEMS SILLY BUT i DID PAY FOR THIS AS PART OF THE PACKAGE.:mad:

• Like 2

Please calm down. 1.5 is an open beta. The open beta is not intended for playing like the stable release version, but to find and report bugs like this.

I see you already explained the problem in another thread. So please attach a short track of the mission, and we will check it.

• 1 year later...

Unresolved Mission Bug, Version 1.5, mission RELOCATION

Okay, if I understood correctly, the 1.5 is now in its beta phase, and it is 2017, the relocation mission still hasn't been fixed. it was the same situation as described by the thread starter. unauthorized take off causing the premature failure of the mission. Please do check on this issue for this awesome sim. Cheers and thanks.

Legacy Catia Production Rig:

i?-xxxx, ^&*(%_+#, Q2000

DCS Sim:

hp 17" Omen GTX1070 Oculus X52pro& combat rudder

Private CGI Production Rig:

i7-6950x, Asus X99 E-WS USB3.1 SLI GTX1080Tix2

Okay, if I understood correctly, the 1.5 is now in its beta phase, and it is 2017, the relocation mission still hasn't been fixed. it was the same situation as described by the thread starter. unauthorized take off causing the premature failure of the mission. Please do check on this issue for this awesome sim. Cheers and thanks.

In the mean time, here is a quick fixed version of the mission for v1.5x.

• All Farps corrupt and not rendering in game, fixed their missing names and frequencies to make them appear.
  • Tested Ka-50 take off correctly from farp and that you can contact ATC for startup and Takeoff clearance = OK.

Regards, Ian.

Relocation.miz

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

In the mean time, here is a quick fixed version of the mission for v1.5x...

Thanks a lot ... I made a small Mod with the file, so I can reinstall it with ease after the DCS updates :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks a lot ... I made a small Mod with the file, so I can reinstall it with ease after the DCS updates :)

That is the best way to do it.

I was in the process of starting to fix all of the Ka-50 single player missions a year ago, but my time has been diverted to a mixture of other DCSW projects since that time.

I may will get around to them in time, but I am one man, and having already fixed literally hundreds to a thousand missions over the years is extremely time consuming and draining.

I sure can appreciate the time that the ED team must put into all of this software.

Glad it has helped someone.

Regards, Ian

• Like 1

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

I was in the process of starting to fix all of the Ka-50 single player missions a year ago, but my time has been diverted to a mixture of other DCSW projects since that time.

Glad it has helped someone.

Regards, Ian

Hello Ian,

I didnt recognize your nickname at first, but now that you mention all those fixed missions ... :doh: ... I'm actually a big fan of your work fixing & updating the Campaigns that DCS has neglected over the years :D

I've most of them installed as Mods, like this:

mods_1.png

I haven't had yet the time to play all of them, but I'm currently playing with the Su-33's Sea Dragon campaign .... please accept a big and heartfelt thank you from this fellow simmer

... missions and campaigns are actually the most important component of DCS for me, since I actually don't like multiplayer and only play by myself; so then thank you again :D

Cheers!

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hello Ian,

I didn't recognize your nickname at first, but now that you mention all those fixed missions ... :doh: ... I'm actually a big fan of your work fixing & updating the Campaigns that DCS has neglected over the years :D

I haven't had yet the time to play all of them, but I'm currently playing with the Su-33's Sea Dragon campaign .... please accept a big and heartfelt thank you from this fellow simmer

... missions and campaigns are actually the most important component of DCS for me, since I actually don't like multiplayer and only play by myself; so then thank you again :D

Cheers!

Really nice to have a fan, looks like you have as many mods as I do for DCSW.

Most of those fixed campaigns and single player files are slowly finding there way into the actual release games of DCSW 1.5x. I initially was doing them all in JGME format, but changed due to EDs requirements.

I have been working on the Su-33 Heavy Sky Campaign, but it is a hard slog, as there are 25 missions (First 10 are done), IMHO the missions are poorly written, and don't play as described in the brief, so makes more work.

I had started on the the Ka-50 Medvedev campaign also, but some times its hard to get the AI do the missions for you, especially when it is in poor light and windy.

The Ka-50 and A-10c was my primary focus for correction of missions and campaigns (As these are my favorite modules).

Good to hear more and more people are finding those files for download and enjoying the missions as they once were in the glory days.

Regards, Ian.

DCS Tech Support.