Taking control of an AI aircraft during Replay.

Deano87

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if this was somehow possible. I want to practice some formation flying so I was wondering if its possible to record a track and then fly along with that track in another aircraft?

For instance I made a mission with 2 Su-27s. I flew as the lead aircraft.. flew around for a while, then ended the mission and saved the track. I then watched the replay and pressed F2 until I got to the Second Su-27 and tries using the "jump into selected aircraft' command which didn't work, I then hit esc and hit take control but that put me back in the lead aircraft.

Is there any way of doing this or am I going to have to annoy a friend into flying with me? ;)

Ta

D

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Haven't tested that but it came to my mind. Did you have in editor the wingman as "Player can drive" ticbox?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Thanks for the suggestion!

i've just had a look in the Editor and I can't find the tick-box you mentioned? Any idea where I can find it?

Thanks

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

In mission editor, look at the top toolbar. I think it's "mission" then settings - or something to that effect. I don't have it open right now.

Just look around and you'll find where there is a submenu that pops up with all the tick boxes you can select for the mission.

Good day!

DrDetroit

I then watched the replay and pressed F2 until I got to the Second Su-27 and tries using the "jump into selected aircraft' command which didn't work, I then hit esc and hit take control but that put me back in the lead aircraft.

Did you try taking control first and then cycling F2 and jumping into the aircraft? I believe that this order should work.

I really wondering about this feature as well. Do you guys think it is possible?

"Player can drive" is only for CA ground units. I tried to make it work taking control on the recorded tracks but with no luck. Also i tried to set my wingman as Client

YouTube || Copycats - technology and product clones (primarily aviation) || dgrigoriev.com
SPECS: i7 8700K (OK 5GHz), 2xGTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, 1Tb SSD, WIN 10, 2560x1440, Oculus Rift CV1 || TM Warthog, TIR5, MFG Crosswind pedals

I tried using this method with the F-15C and I was, in fact, able to take control of the original AI aircraft, but then when I do that, the original Player aircraft no longer follows the flight track that I previously recorded with it. Basically, by taking control of the AI aircraft, you're creating a NEW track and the previously recorded flight data is no longer available. It was a good thought "in theory", but unfortunately it doesn't work.

If only there was a utility like FS-Recorder but for DCS... where you could record multiple flight tracks and replay them all at the same time. <SIGH>

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! The same as you i've come to the conclusion, it doesn't work as I wished it did. Doh...

If only there was a utility like FS-Recorder but for DCS... where you could record multiple flight tracks and replay them all at the same time. <SIGH>

Yes exactly, thats where I got the idea actually.. I had played around with FS-Recorder in the past.

Proud owner of: