Chose your skin in game, not via editor.

Conroy

I would love this.

And maybe a preview to make sure you are choosing the correct one.

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

Yes, +1.

I would also love the ability for servers to host custom skins and you download them as a client upon connection for the first time (think Counter Strike map downloads).

Right now, there is so many good skins out there but its basicly impossible to use them in multiplayer! :-(

This was something very old somehow it lost it's way after FC2. I guess skin sizes became too big and caused lag?

Maybe at the time, a server should easily be able to upload skins to clients. There is a reason those type of downloads are very slow, to reserve most of the upload capacity to actual server stability.

I can't imagine it being a problem with todays netcodes and internet infastructure. Well, maybe on servers that are hosted on poor connections but u could also have a system that lets you opt out of the system as an admin. (a la not using it)

+1 I don't see why this should be such a big problem to implement

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

+1

Also the ability to lock the skin in Me if mission builder wishes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

we even can not select skind by seeing them. just name of it. how are we suppose to remember all of the skins by just looking their names?

at least we should be able to see a 2d preview picture like thumbnail

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Now there is a great idea! :thumbup: Also it would be nice if mission builders could add their own squadron skins, for all who join the server to see.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-- i7 4790K

-- Club 3D R9 290X Royal Ace SOC

-- Asus Maximus VII Ranger

-- G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3-2400 CL10

-- Gelid Tranquillo rev.2

-- Corsair RM850

-- Corsair 760T White

-- Windows 10

I was always of the understanding that you have an aircraft painted before you get into it.

Never seen real pilots decide to go for a different paint job just before take off, so how is this really a feature we need?

As it is, you can go to the mission editor when you start a mission and choose a skin prior to launching the mission. You can't change nationality however. My choice would be a way to view skins in some kind of preview screen where you can see the selected skin before committing to launching the mission, but getting the ground crew to run a spray gun over it while you sit on the apron is a little absurd!

And a preview of the skin in the loadout panel of the mission editor and enciclopaedia

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Keep informed about DCS World news at: ALLIED FLYING FORCE

CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.00 Ghz / Gigabyte Z170X Gaming Motherboard / Memory 32GB DDR4 / Graphic Card Asus GTX1080 Turbo/ S.O. Win 10 Pro 64bits /

We can choose the weapons loadout but still not the skin.

For my opion, is definately time to have this option also in DCS.

I have the same idea time ago. I think change the skin for the same country designed by the mission creator is possible.

I have another Idea. Change the flag and Air Force logo only for every aircraft skin

The problem to have an extensive list of skin on all countries is a problem because every skin is big in Mb. So the best idea for every country is that all the skin be customized with flag and logo forces.

Is like a Dream for a world wide simulation with every nation forces.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]