TrackHat opentrack profile?

Modifying someone else's head/face tracking profile will only cause you more hassle than making your own from scratch. People have their monitors at different heights, cameras at different angles, chairs at different heights/distances, clips at different positions on head, different ambient lighting, etc. etc.

If you want a tutorial on how to set up your own profile, check out this

. It's for TrackIR but all the same principles apply with any type of headtracking system as far as adjusting curves, smoothing, etc. Just ignore all the fancy TrackIR 3D view stuff (I actually prefer opentrack's software as you can set as many points on a curve as you want vs. TIR where you're limited to 5)

It really helps to have DCS open in window so you can easily see how your curves translate in-sim and quickly switch back and forth between DCS and your tracking software. Getting the "perfect feeling" takes a long time, I'm always making little adjustments to my profiles. A You will also get more accustomed to making fine head movements as you use it more, so then you might want to make it more sensitive or lessen deadzones.

Also, you will probably want to use different profiles for different modules: My KA-50 profile has steep-but-even yaw curves (as you need to access switches that are behind the pilot's head) but very little X/Y/Z translation (cockpit is quite small and most switches are close to the pilot's face) Whereas, in close-range gunfighters like the WWII fighters or the Sabre/MiG-15 where your head is constantly moving, I have yaw curves that increase sharply toward the left/right extremes so I can check my six and asymmetric pitch curves (steeper up than down) so I can see what's above me easily.

It's time consuming, but a good profile makes all the difference.