Could be the best new HOTAS concept in a decade (ja they wish)

Yay, lots of cheap plastic, can se it breaking, snapping and popping like rice krisppies like someone peed in the corn flakes...

keys sticking.... only beta drivers because the root enumerator is sending 999,000,0000,0000 presses for each tap... the list goes on.....

after 15 years of Saitek,,,, might get a year or two before it self destructs like a secret tape that just finished playing........

well, buy plastic for your stock portfolio, they will use a lot...

btw, BMW also went with cheap plastic which falls apart after the first few years of fun... the plastic disintegrates . But that's another story on the use of crappy cheap plastic on expensive toys... :cry:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Yay, lots of cheap plastic, can se it breaking, snapping and popping like rice krisppies like someone peed in the corn flakes...

keys sticking.... only beta drivers because the root enumerator is sending 999,000,0000,0000 presses for each tap... the list goes on.....

after 15 years of Saitek,,,, might get a year or two before it self destructs like a secret tape that just finished playing........

well, buy plastic for your stock portfolio, they will use a lot...

btw, BMW also went with cheap plastic which falls apart after the first few years of fun... the plastic disintegrates . But that's another story on the use of crappy cheap plastic on expensive toys... :cry:

My glock and my HK usp plastic frame is well made :)

But I notice a much lower quality on many other brands like Logitech and others.

Saitek is ready for be displaced, and the sonner the better.

Space sims are enjoying a real resurgence with Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous and those titles will sell a lot of joysticks.

And maybe we see something new from Thrustmaster then. :)

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

The controller market is going into a wrong direction ... low quality/big bucks/config messups . I don't care if its printed RSI on the plasticky thing, if its an old hardware with new colors and shape, why bother ?! Even thrustmaster is doing better on the automotive simulation products, how many years have passed since warthog hotas was launched and still has problems and no new improuved products ... beats me !

Su34 & F111 a dream fullfilled in fsx...[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 5600, 1050ti, 16 GVram, win10 , TM W hotas&rudder, waiting for 1060/1070 price fall or a new gpu family..f*&9 miners :)

I would assume Saitek will continue to grow given very few people are willing to (or can) pay 600 bucks for a stick and throttle. I really don't care what a person uses, only that they enjoy using it, so to that I say, good on ya Saitek, your business sense seems to be intact.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

The controller market is going into a wrong direction ... low quality/big bucks/config messups . I don't care if its printed RSI on the plasticky thing, if its an old hardware with new colors and shape, why bother ?! Even thrustmaster is doing better on the automotive simulation products, how many years have passed since warthog hotas was launched and still has problems and no new improuved products ... beats me !

Here things are 100% more $ and in US, is an inmoral amount of money for this things.

I am really angry at cheap products, and no spare parts.

That's why I love VKB.

Modular

Escalable

Spare parts

I hope they can go global and put the crap makers out of the picture.

Edited by RFC Rudel

That looks really cheap and nasty - it's a toy. How about making something that feels good in the hand? X-52 certainly didn't, and accuracy was terrible.

I understand they want to keep the costs down so that it appeals to many people, but there is no need for star citizen to do this. The beauty of having a market full of joysticks in several different price points and abilities already means that you don't need to make your own joystick for your own game.

Also, I hope they are joking if they seriously expect people to use a trackball for first person shooters.

Still all of this seems to be a massive sidetrack to making a game. I have a feeling Star Citizen will be all show and no substance. (I hope I'm wrong).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

Also, I hope they are joking if they seriously expect people to use a trackball for first person shooters.

I am a gamer and I use trackball.

For computer use:

Is one way trip, first day you hate it, second day so so, 3 day you don't understand how was your life before.

And I was able to convert several gamers and IT coworkers too.

TIP: thumb trackball only.

.... I have a feeling Star Citizen will be all show and no substance. (I hope I'm wrong).

SC is already a show, based more on lights, effects, flashy textures .

A lot of things gameplay related are messed up, "dogfighting" is a bomb, "fps" bomb no.2 .

To me is just Star Trek Online with cryengine and some extra modules, but still not finished, and I keep my old opp that SC ain't gonna appear soon and last at least the number of years in "developing". (the escapist, smart...)

Just a unreal concept made by dreamers not developers, looks good on paper, simmers don't simulate on paper fortunatelly.

The present and this decade tech cannot support such massive unoptimised/not baked content.

Did not invest any $ on it, just time, my oppinion based only on videos and screenshots .

(you don't need to jump off the cliff to know you're gonna die / I'm not Mr. Pessimist, just hate frauds and scammers )

Su34 & F111 a dream fullfilled in fsx...[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 5600, 1050ti, 16 GVram, win10 , TM W hotas&rudder, waiting for 1060/1070 price fall or a new gpu family..f*&9 miners :)

@vali_grad: If you are waiting on something from Smart then you will be waiting even longer, LoD has been a long time in development and never likely to be finished, just like all his other "games" I got BC3000 for free with a DVD drive and I think I was over charged for the game.

CIG announced the new joystick back in August at Gamescon, but true to Saitek's reputation, the model they revealed was broken, embarrassing moment that was.

The FPS/large universe is getting closer to release, and the demo we seen at the citizencon in Manchester looked good.

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

I have an X52 Saitek that is still going strong today. I've had to send my Warthog Hotas back after only 6 months due to a faulty switch on the throttle control. I was pretty sick I paid over £350 for a Hotas only for it to go faulty after 6 months.

I have an X52 Saitek that is still going strong today. I've had to send my Warthog Hotas back after only 6 months due to a faulty switch on the throttle control. I was pretty sick I paid over £350 for a Hotas only for it to go faulty after 6 months.

old x52 where well made by Saitek, now mad-catz use the name to sell crap.

well, is ok if you sell crap at crap prices and support the crap like crap requires, Also users must be crap aware by the company.

Nex tome I have: old x52 that give years of service but is very old, a open x-65 that have bad electronics and crapy asambly, a x52 pro that I buy because there was nothing else.....only one year and is a disaster, a x55 the I find last weak at a hardware store that was going broke and I pay 80% less :P

I am waiting my VKB stuff, but now y must use the thing I hate. (Did I get married whit Saitek?)

Edited by RFC Rudel