US 610 Gal. Fuel Tank for F-15C

looks great!

Thanks!

Update: I have finished cutting away some polys from the LOD-1 model and I have finished making the LOD-2 model. Here are a couple of side-by-side renders to show the difference between the models:

61030mdgqz7.th.jpg 61031mdgpo3.th.jpg

LOD-1 is 1155 polys.

LOD-2 is 614 polys.

The texture is 512x512.

:thumbup:

iVIPER21sig2.jpg

Thanks for the update! Looks really good. I see no diffrence between these two LODs, except that black thingy on the tail part. Can you show us render purely in wire-frame mode?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Thanks for the update! Looks really good. I see no diffrence between these two LODs, except that black thingy on the tail part. Can you show us render purely in wire-frame mode?

Thanks! ;) Here are 3 wireframe views - the 3rd render helps to show off the difference quite well. As you can see, there are more sections in the LOD-1 model and it also has more sides (32 if I remember correctly). The LOD-2 model has less sections and fewer sides (16 I think it is), hence a blockier look.

61032wireii5.th.jpg 61033wirelp0.th.jpg 61034wirewb5.th.jpg

iVIPER21sig2.jpg

Yep, the diffrence is quite obvious now. It's time to make LOD3 and cut polys again by half.

This tank is definately next-gen :)

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• 2 weeks later...

WOW, a bit of a late response here, but that looks GREAT! The first LOD looks perfectly circular, and actually, going from LOD 1 to 2 in the renders, I can't even See any difference at all other than the latter missing the little ball at the end.

If Ed ended up wanting less poly's, you definitely could cut away a lot more polies on the second LOD without a problem.

Really good work, Have you submitted the final work yet? Keep us updated!

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

Guest IguanaKing
OT- this may sound like a stupid question but how come there's no fuel tanks for the A-10 in Lock On? Unless the A-10 varient in lock On doesn't carry it?

I have often asked myself the same question. The LOMAC A-10 is fully rigged and wired for fuel tanks though. Hang three of those 610s on 4, 6 and 8 (or the 2000l, which look closer to the 600 gallon tanks A-10s can carry) and your ACP and FQI will respond accordingly. The ACP will show "FUEL" on those stations, and the FQI will be through the roof. The LAU-61s are also a major growling point with me, since the A-10 never carried them, and the WP quantity suddenly becomes that of an LAU-10 (another launcher the A-10 never carried). What the hell though, in a simulation of a real-world conflict, FFARs and their necessary employment proximity and altitude would make you food for MANPADs and you WILL die. So, although its an issue, its not all that important, since I never load them anyway. :D

Small update:

Hey guys, sorry I've been MIA for a bit. At the moment, I am working out a couple of small details on the skin that ED requested be adjusted. As for polys on the LODs, so far there have been no complaints although the dialogue has been minimal - I am guessing they are very busy with BS. No official word yet on whether or not the model will be accepted.

iVIPER21sig2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hey VIPER21, I'm not sure if you heard the news yet but ED released some sort of plugin to import the models into Lock On. Since i believe your project is the closest one to being finished, is it possible for you to test this plugin out and see if it indeed can be imported to lock on. It will give a lot of confidence to the people who are seeking to do huge models such as a plane.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What the F-15 realy lacks is good detail on the mesh when looking from inside the pit. The wings leading edges look like 2 razor sharp knives. I cant see the tanks except when I get out to push. :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Now that they've released all those pluggins, you can simply replace the model youreslf! No need to wait on ED and all their specifications and such, just port it in right now and replace the old model..should be a beaut!

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

I already have a project, not quite airframe modeling, but rather something I will use to experiment. ;)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I already have a project, not quite airframe modeling, but rather something I will use to experiment. ;)

*sets Transponder to 7500*

-just kidding ;) It looks very good! Keep us informed :thumbup:

Anyways, thanks to Alfa - I have some screenshots for you guys to check out. Right now I am working on getting all 3 LODs to work in LockOn. I won't be releasing the model until that time because I don't want to release an incomplete project. Anyways, here are the screens:

screenshot014lg6.th.jpg screenshot018rs5.th.jpg screenshot023oa5.th.jpg screenshot017hp5.th.jpg screenshot019zv2.th.jpg

• Like 1
iVIPER21sig2.jpg

I haven't been able to put much time towards this project lately - been studying for my checkride! There are a couple of slight adjustments that I want to make to the models and from there, I gotta figure out how to get LockOn to switch between LODs. Thanks for the encouragement and wish me luck!

iVIPER21sig2.jpg