Dcs hawk flaps won't retract

Gsavag

Hi everyone I was flying my Dcs hawk reacently when I noticed that once I had dropped my flaps they wouldn't retract again leaving me with the flaps down for the rest of the flight. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to Controls -> Hawk -> Flight Control

Assign Flaps Down Detent (Joystick)

and

Assign Flaps Up Detent (Joystick)

(Map these controls to your HOTAS Stick or Throttle)

I did that but flaps would never go up again. Down isn't a problem but when you flip the (correctly assigned) switch up on the HOTAS the VC flaps switch goes up but then immediately down again. I've given up and am just clicking on the VC switch, not an easy thing with Track IR...

Mine is assigned to the flaps control switch on my throttle ( TM Hog ), which has 3 setting - up, middle, down. All works correctly.

I have found that the separate gear up and down control doesn't work as expected on my joystick, but the toggle button does. However I'm only assigning to a 2 position switch ( up/down rather than a 3 position switch ).

I wonder if the flaps are programmed in the same way as the gear and expect a 3 position state to work properly. ie Down = flaps activate and go out : Middle = resets switch : Up = flaps activate and retract???

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Go to Controls -> Hawk -> Flight Control

Assign Flaps Down Detent (Joystick)

and

Assign Flaps Up Detent (Joystick)

(Map these controls to your HOTAS Stick or Throttle)

Had this issue initially with an x52 pro.

The trick is to assign the up and down to "next flap detent" and "previous flap detent" which are further down on the control assignment page.

Those controls would not map with my Saitek X52 Pro.

:joystick:

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Z170, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 32 GB, Samsung 1TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Got a Saitek X52 and next detent, previous detent work fine for me. Make sure you're not running the profile software with anything active on the controllers, that tends to screw things up quite badly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

got flaps working, used my Saitek X52 Pro Stick toggle switches, but the detents will not lock in the up position, just half way and down, but not lock up. I have to use inside cockpit toggle switch for best flap control and positions. But, have made progress. I use the toggles for Gear, Flaps, and Speed brake. :joystick:

ASUS Z170, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 32 GB, Samsung 1TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Ramstein I'm using the X55 and I had the same problem, what I did was change the keyboard bind command from F6 and F7 to 6, 7 and map to my profile, now it works like a charm. F6 and F7 is landing flaps next and previous detent. TC

Win7 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 850AT ps | Asus Rampage 5 Edition 10 MB | I7 6850K @4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 32GB DDR4-3200 Gskill Mem | Asus 1080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 24" 1440 Monitor | X55 Rhino F/C | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |