Late activated Awacs/Tanker radio

Coug4r

Tankers and AWACS are not available on comms until they're performing the "Tanker" or "AWACS" advanced waypoint actions, AFAIK.

If, by late activation, you mean the unit is spawned by a trigger, the unit does not exist in the sim world until the activation trigger occurs.

Correct on the AI must have started the task part. However late activated units to "exist" in the mission, they just aren't active.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Yet, i've setup an Awacs triggered to appear later in the mission but it does not show up in the comm menu once it is triggered. The advanced waypoint action is set, as it is by default. Bug?

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

Can you attach a the mission where it doesn't work? I tried reproducing it and I was unable to.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Are you sure you set up the advanced waypoint action correctly? I had a similar issue, no menu for AWACS, because when you add up a new AWACS, AWACS service is not set by default. You need to activate it by changing the setting in AWACS advanced waypoint action.

• 3 years later...
Are you sure you set up the advanced waypoint action correctly? I had a similar issue, no menu for AWACS, because when you add up a new AWACS, AWACS service is not set by default. You need to activate it by changing the setting in AWACS advanced waypoint action.

I did this, but the menu still doesn't become active/visible.

See video:

See attached screenshot from mission editor:

2019-06-08_235138.png.681d187ab0d328cd4cfc608aac198a9b.png

Grimes:

I removed the white "AWACS" task from the beginning and added a separate (gray) "AWACS" task to waypoint 1.

Thus the AWACS task should start at waypoint 1, not at waypoint 0 (which seems to work fine).

But the comm menu is not getting visible, that's the problem.

Reason for my intention is: I don't want AWACS to flood all FC3 aircraft right from the start of the mission with messages of targets.

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 1 year later...

Years later and this is broken again.

Late activated E-3 will ignore ALL tasks/commands that are part of its initial waypoint. It ignores its AWACS enroute task, it ignores its Orbit task, it ignores its Invisible command.

So for now, do NOT use late activated AWACS, its completely broken.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580