Low temperatures...

How are low temperatures / Winter / Autumn weather affecting the aircraft performance currently in DCS ww2 modules ?

I had problems with the K4 in one of the Missions where it's Winter and it starts to snow in the mid of the mission - engine stopped - but I wonder how do other module systems get affected by temperature and / or humidity ?

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

How are low temperatures / Winter / Autumn weather affecting the aircraft performance currently in DCS ww2 modules ?

I had problems with the K4 in one of the Missions where it's Winter and it starts to snow in the mid of the mission - engine stopped - but I wonder how do other module systems get affected by temperature and / or humidity ?

Absolutely, the weather affects the other prop aircraft; the most noticeable difference is that you will start with your oil temperature extremely low, and if you push the throttle forward with the oil temperature low, it will cause the oil pressure to surge (because the oil is too viscous at low temperature), which will blow gaskets and ruin the engine.

However, once you get your temperature in the correct operating range, you will find you can push the engine harder, because it won't overheat as easily... so high-throttle, low-speed, hard-turning dogfights are less likely to fry your engine.

As to their effect on the aerodynamic performance, I *believe* they do affect climb rate, which increases due to the denser air, and airspeed, which decreases due to the denser air. However, as that is a much more subtle effect than the engine behaviour, I can't personally confirm it; I haven't done the kind of precisely controlled testing that would confirm it.