Roland Air Defense (which one we have in game)

Hi yesterday I was destroyed by a Roland at a distance of 10 Km. When I review the track via Tacview I saw a direct hit at me running away and from a distance of 10 Km. The missile at the moment of impact remain with 1000 Km/h.

The Roland I, have a missile with a range of 6,3 Km

The Roland II, have a missile with a range of 8 Km

The last upgrade for the Roland missiles was the Roland VT1 hypervelocity with a range of 11 Km

This behavior of the Roland II in game is over-estimated or we already have the Roland VT1 hypervelocity missile?

Roland%20over-estimate_zpswray6jsn.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think you found the best case scenario for missile range. The missile didn't have to turn at any point and it didn't have to change altitude. It could use all of it's energy for one thing ... to fly as far as it could.

On the surface, this looks more like a good simulated result than a bad result.

* Graph of missile velocity would be interesting

Edited by vicx

The horizontal flight at low altitude make lower performance in velocity and of course in range too. Is no way possible that the Roland in game get 1000 km/h at 10 km range, been the Roland II missile. May be possible ED internally upgrade the missile to the version Roland VT1 hypervelocity.

If you test a mission SEAD against actual Roland you will find the Roland get radar combat active too late, so at the moment he get ready to launch, you are in the Non-return radio. if you add the probably new missile improvement in range and speed then we have a very smart Roland unit in combat taking action as AI and a much better missiles.

Graph of missile velocity would be interesting

exactly. that is why I open the threat, to ask about more info. As you see the question become suddenly a bug and moved into 1.5 beta forum. I never tested this in the 1.5.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

See Attachment with the Tacview Acmi at the min 00.30.27 with the pilot name Player using a Su-25A

Here is another example how the Rolland II missile is over capable. I was hit at more than 5500m (the real top is 5000), maneuvering, using Chaff countermeasure.

Guys do you really want the Su-25A get be used in this Sim. The A-10C pilots asked for a realistic downgrade of the Tunguska and this downgrade was made soon after at the next update.

Why we have a Rolland II with the same capability of the Tor System when in the RL was not like that??

Rolland II over capable.zip

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 6 months later...
maneuvering, using Chaff countermeasure

Apart from your range & ceiling problem, the Roland system has CLOS guidance type, with dual radar and TV sensor. So chaff won't spoof TV.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi