RAF Flypast

It was the official celebration of the Queen's 80th birthday today including a huge RAF flypast. A beautiful sunny day, they form up over the East coast then head into London at 1500 ft and lucky for me, fly right over my house :pilotfly:

Just spent a delightful 5 minutes in my garden with a beer watching them go over - Lancaster, Spitfires, Hurricanes, C-17, E-3D, TriStar, VC-10, Jaguars, Tornado GR4, Tornado F3, the finale being the Red Arrows in formation with a Canberra (thats a B-57 to you Yanks :smilewink:).

Likely my last chance to see a Canberra flying, entering RAF service in 1951, they finally retire this year after 55 years service.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

I think the Reds-canberra pr9 finale was stonkingly good, they are retiring the pr9's this year, so RIAT is gonna be my last chance for some snaps..anyone else going?

oo err...missus:animals_bunny:

** Anti-Pastie**

It was the official celebration of the Queen's 80th birthday today including a huge RAF flypast. A beautiful sunny day, they form up over the East coast then head into London at 1500 ft and lucky for me, fly right over my house :pilotfly:

Just spent a delightful 5 minutes in my garden with a beer watching them go over - Lancaster, Spitfires, Hurricanes, C-17, E-3D, TriStar, VC-10, Jaguars, Tornado GR4, Tornado F3, the finale being the Red Arrows in formation with a Canberra (thats a B-57 to you Yanks :smilewink:).

Likely my last chance to see a Canberra flying, entering RAF service in 1951, they finally retire this year after 55 years service.

Why not using the typhoons? :pilotfly:

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

They did, the typhoons were in 2 of the "Wings".

A few aircraft missing though I thought, the Hercules (but I know the C-130 fleet is a little stretched at the moment, but they could have made the effort), and one I was hoping to see, the harrier was also an obvious absentee (unless I missed it).

I was hoping/thought the RAF were going to show all the aircraft, not a bad show though. No choppers or training craft though.

As most years, I did sit down all morning to watch the parade... I bet the Navy feels a little left out :)

It was a good show today. The only problem was that was the RAF in full. They were the only serviceable jets we have in the RAF lol... Spits are back up now for when the Typhoon goes tits :pilotfly:

Its going to be a shame to see the Canberra retire, use to live on the base they were stationed at :cry: , Modern times i suppose :(

It was a good show today. The only problem was that was the RAF in full. They were the only serviceable jets we have in the RAF lol... Spits are back up now for when the Typhoon goes tits :pilotfly:

Its going to be a shame to see the Canberra retire, use to live on the base they were stationed at :cry: , Modern times i suppose :(

They used to be stationed at a couple of bases, but the Marham squadron will disband in July (15th I think).

Why not use Typhoon? It's a fair bet the Typhoon can't make it to the kind of altitude and the kind of range the PR.9 has.

They used to be stationed at a couple of bases, but the Marham squadron will disband in July (15th I think).

Why not use Typhoon? It's a fair bet the Typhoon can't make it to the kind of altitude and the kind of range the PR.9 has.

Because the camera that was fitted in the bomb bay of the camberra (I have stood under neath the canberra with its bays open, its big), wouldn't fit under the wing of a typhoon.

I assume some new camera system will be used, and/or the reccy tornadoes will do the job.

ah, too bad we havent had any air parades here for years. Bad economic conjucture I guess.. :(

untill 10 years ago we had soviet style parades and the whole city would stop as the armed forces commited the whole of their units (nothing left back at the bases LOL) for a coople hours of continuous parade.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Guest IguanaKing

That must have been impressive. Yup...the Canberra's bomb bay is HUGE considering the overall size of that aircraft. A museum RB-57 is one of my babies. The last, huge, air parade I saw was at ED in 1989...I couldn't even begin to list the aircraft in that formation...but the SR-71 was at the tip of that spear.