Can one set a sequence of button presses?

When I got back into DCS and then got the 1.5 beta, I decided to go ahead and start building my controller profiles in the controller setup menu itself. Previously with other flight sims, I had pretty much used the TARGET software, using the script editor.

DCS having a nice controller setup menu, I thought I would try my hand with starting to use it instead. Plus saves me from having to run the TARGET program.

So anyway I have done pretty good setting up the controllers for the Ka-50 how I like them. So far so good, all working well. I use the paddle as a modifier, and have many commands programmed on to my stick and throttle.

However there is one thing I would like to do, that I am not sure can be done in the control setup menu, at least I do not see a way. That is creating a sequence of key presses to one button.

Say for instance, I would like to use my POV hat up, for three key presses. The first for the F2 view, the second for the F3 fly by view, and the third to return to the original F1 in cockpit view. So they would sequentially go through F1, F2, F3 and repeat with each POV Hat up button press.

Thanks for any tips,

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yes, but still that is not going to allow three different key-presses sequentially to be assigned to one button, or am I missing something?

ie F1, F2, F3, F1, F2, F3, etc

Thanks,

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

dburne,

I'm thinking that's where the keyboard macro programs come in.

Or poke around some advanced DCS mappings from Polaris or HomeFries and see if they are doing anything special.

hsb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Yeah I can do it easily in TARGET, just thought I would get away from it and see how I did in the controller menu. No biggy I can get by without it, not that many commands really I would want to set up sequentially like that. I did not think I saw a way to do it in the GUI but wanted to make sure, as I easily miss stuff at times.

I could probably do it by using a button as a switch on one of my three position buttons. Would just need to slide the switch for each view I wanted before pressing the button assigned to the view. Or really I guess I could assign to my cms hat ( 3 of the buttons) using my modifier, as I don't have anything assigned to that yet with the modifier...

Or simply keep reaching up to the keyboard keys themselves lol.

Thanks,

Edited by dburne

Don B

I just went ahead and programmed them to my CMS hat using a modifier, working well. ( my paddle is my modifier). I used up, right, and left with the modifier for the views I wanted.

If I get to the point I run out of what I can do with the controller GUI and need more, I will just go back to using TARGET software which I am already fairly well familiar with.

Thanks again for the input guys.

Edited by dburne

Don B

Just as "pastime" (I am not addict of "HOTAS+FOBO") the 3 cameras in one button, used the index button above trigger in CH Combatstick for test.

Click this button = External View (F2)*

Press this button + modifier (pinky button) and HOLD = Fly-by (F3)

Release, the camera move back for inside cockpit (F1).

*If in F2 view "click" in the combo to go back for cockpit view (F1) without "fly-by".

Added to ...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Input\MiG-21\joystick\default.lua

Between this lines (at the beginning of the file):

keyCommands={

>>> here <<<

--************** Planseta *********************************************************************

--************** Custom ***********************************************************************

--Alternate F Views

{down=iCommandViewTower,up=iCommandViewCockpit,name='Alternate Fly-by',category='View'},
{combos={{key='F3'}},down=iCommandViewCockpit,up=iCommandViewCockpit,name='F3 Fly-by Cockpit view',category='View'},

Edited by Sokol1_br

Thanks for taking the time to check that out Sokol, I appreciate it! I will definitely keep that in mind should I decide to go that route.

Don B

Just as "pastime" (I am not addict of "HOTAS+FOBO") the 3 cameras in one button, used the index button above trigger in CH Combatstick ...

Interesting solution, but it shows as well, why (at least) I'll stay with TARGET when macros are joining the party...

Anyway: thanks for the headsup! Nice to see what's possible beyond normal lua-input.

Interesting solution, but it shows as well, why (at least) I'll stay with TARGET when macros are joining the party...

Anyway: thanks for the headsup! Nice to see what's possible beyond normal lua-input.

Indeed it is.

Like you if I get to where I need more than I can get with the regular GUI, I will go back to using TARGET scripting which I am familiar with. May end up going ahead and start working on a profile soon anyway, but thought I would see how I did just using the regular GUI. So far it is working ok for me.

The upside to TARGET is not having to worry about having to go in and re-assign everything if an update requires starting over from vanilla.

Don B