Looking for mountain roads....can't seem to find any

Nealius

I'm looking to build a simple mission with a convoy on a mountain road, but I'm having trouble finding any roads that aren't in a valley; I want something literally on the side of a mountain. Alas, scouring the map at zoom levels high enough to see roads takes me hours and I still haven't found anything. Would anyone happen to know a grid area where they've seen some mountain roads?

I think the two mountain passes that go from Georgia to Russia have sections where the road isn't quite on the valley floor. Just place a group in South Ossetia with a route into Russia and another group in Tbilisi with a route into Russia and you will get an idea of some of the paths they take. Can't give exact grids at the moment.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

If you want I can do some low level flying in my Hawk, see if I can find anything (need an excuse to try out my new R9 390 that just came in the mail anyway):smilewink:. Just to be clear, you want a road partway up a mountain, right? Does it matter if it climbs the mountain, or should it be parallel to the ridge? Are switchbacks okay? Let me know; I'll see what I can do.

Sent from my Computer using the Internet