pappavis

POLL: Would you support.. MiG-21bis simpit  

51 members have voted

1. 1. POLL: Would you support.. MiG-21bis simpit

• No, dont fly the MiG-21bis / No interested
    • Nice idea.. but you have my moral support
    • Maybe, depending on price
    • Yes, count me in as (alpha) tester

Would you invest in a DCS: MiG-21bis cockpit project?

Initially, only righthand switches to be built. Its a proof.

Plug 'n Play. No external drivers needed. Stick the USB cable into a USB port, start DCS world and enjoy.

Its to be all custom built in my 'man cave', each unit soldered, assembled individually & tested by hand. I need a few volunteers willing to buy it from me..

Short planning;

1. R&D. I bought components. Have some things working, such as RSBN-channel

2. Have to 'sell' this idea to my wife. She said conditionally agreed but must have pre-orders & financing. I dont want a divorce :noexpression:.

3. First batch of testunits. Build them. Send to alpha testers., get feedback.

4. Build a few more testunits. Ship them to beta testers

5. Go on to phase 2.. more complex buttons.

Initially, only the righthand fuel pumps, AC/DC, ROKOT and floodlights would be built. To keep complexity to minimum only on/off switches will be supported. Later on greater things such as ARC-channel selecter, radio, and other switches on righthand.

any takers?

questions/suggestions are apprecaited.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

I'm a cheesehead as well! You might want to offer some empty panels or something for people that are handy themself, but don't have the expertise to make fancy (engraved) panels. And are a bit fussy on electronics. Do you want to base it on a certain USB input board or something?

I allready made a headstart with this ;):

20150919_180818_zpsjzooa4nb.jpg

20150919_180813_zps5ymxklln.jpg

Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

Another Dutchie here. It sounds like a very interesting project and I will surely buy it eventually when it's done. I could even alpha/beta test it for you, PM me if you'd like that :thumbup:. However, I'm also curious to the size of the price tag.

I hope this really becomes a thing, I think that more people would be interested in your work once you have posted some pictures of it in this thread.

Groetjes!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Because MiG - 9. That's why...

Custom manufacturing a whole simpit would not only be super expensive just for materials (and labor, if you send it to a shop to get made), but I think a lot of people just dont have room for a simpit in their house. I certainly don't.

HOWEVER, I'd be super interested in buying individual panels. Like just the weapon selector and HUD switches. That would probably end up being way more affordable and widely appealing if you're looking to sell these.

If I were rich and had a ton of space dedicated to simming, I would be on board in a second.

I mostly fly the F-18, and mostly as a flight sim rather than a combat sim.

Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1080, 16gb DDR4 3600, Valve Index

TM Stick/Throttle, Saitek Pedals, VAICOM

with rise of VR, i would NOT support a whole pit... just being honest..

You have a good point there, but I think that if you combine the two that the experience would be even more epic! :D

imagene feeling the '21 gunsight in front of you while also 'seeing' it. I don't know if that will work. Maybe it would ruin the experience or perhaps it will make it more immersive.

I hope we can find out soon enough.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Because MiG - 9. That's why...

with rise of VR, i would NOT support a whole pit... just being honest..

Leapmotion + oculus Rift? Maybe. That tech is still in its newborn baby stage.

Though using a VR-device in DCS likely is a challenge. I dont have a Oculus so cant comment.

No, because the fun is building it even more than using it.

Exactly. Its taken me many hours of research to get a LED from the cockpit to protptype board working..

Pricepoint is about €50 for testers. And then its no commercial thing. I.e. wont be making any money from this whatsoever. This project justifys investing into a 3D printer, laser cutter and CNC mill (the wife.. :P :P)

€50 gives you.. The righthandpanel with switches for fuel pums, gyros, ROKOT etc.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

50 euros is cheap. I spent about 200 euros in my panels. Not counting the wiring, I took that from my job. And i handpicked every component myself. It is all metal and it all depends on how cheap you can get the components.

LOL, ja ik probeer het voor het eerst.

Its my first attempt.. my cost estimate is based on components and materials which i could source from (affordable) sources. Its built around an Arduino Uno R3 and DCS-BIOS. For parts, bought most locally from Hobbyelectronica.nl & martoparts.nl

Its fun :). I spend more time on this cockpit than flying MiG-21bis.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель