Black Shark 2: Republic Campaign

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the voices are in English like it seems.. what a disappointment.. If the developer can't access to Russian voice actors may understand it.. but when some of them are based in Russia.. and after the excellent SU-27 dlc campaign..

The same with the Belsimtek campaign for Mi-8.. what a immersion wasted with the English voices..

Maybe I'm a puritan.. but I think that the Russians should speak Russian.. the Germans should speak German, and the Americans should speak English..

:cry:

I saw the promotionnal video and it's not at very nice, where is Glowin' ?

Also, there's a one week discount for BS2 for those who'd like to try the Shark, that's a good oportunity but this is not much compared to the regular sales on the DCS modules.

If I had more time to play, I'd probably buy it because I really really love this helo !

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious

Sweet, as a SP only guy who is deep involved in learning all aspects of Black Shark, I will have to give this a try, once I get comfortable enough with what I am doing.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I just finished the first mission. Was pretty straight forward. A bit windy though.

And it is voiced in english.

There's one thing so far I really don't like about this campaign and that is the fictional setting. Countrys are just called "The Republic" or nicknamed "The Butchers" or just reffered to as "the big neighbour to the north". It's not a sole problem of this campaign, because it's the same in other recent campaigns (MiG-21). Haven't played the Ultimate Argument, so I don't know how it's there.

I wonder if this is a new policy for ED and if so why? Just because someone could get upset if his country is shown in a bad way? I hope that's not the reason, because that would be pretty pathetic but I can't see another reason, since you don't need licenses for displaying countries...

It's just a fictional campaign in a game, nothing more.

It takes a way a lot of immersion :(

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

That should not be a reason to abstain from using real countries! That would be self censoring and I hope that's not the case.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

If the voices are in English like it seems.. what a disappointment..

That's actually a win from my point of view. I hate not being able to understand what anyone is saying and having to pause to read subtitles.

Great! Thanks ED for making campaign with En voice overs! Finally I can enjoy a good BS2 campaign :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

What happened with that trailer? It's pretty bad, not in line with most DCS promotional stuff fortunately.

Still, nice to see another campaign, I still have no idea how to fly the BS, I may force myself to learn it when I've completed the SU-27 campaign and then I'll pick this up.

Edited by Python

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

That's actually a win from my point of view. I hate not being able to understand what anyone is saying and having to pause to read subtitles.

Great! Thanks ED for making campaign with En voice overs! Finally I can enjoy a good BS2 campaign :thumbup:

+1

I just bought the campaign and I am really happy that it's voiced in English.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I just finished the first mission. Was pretty straight forward. A bit windy though.

There's one thing so far I really don't like about this campaign and that is the fictional setting. Countrys are just called "The Republic" or nicknamed "The Butchers" or just reffered to as "the big neighbour to the north". It's not a sole problem of this campaign, because it's the same in other recent campaigns (MiG-21). Haven't played the Ultimate Argument, so I don't know how it's there.

I wonder if this is a new policy for ED and if so why? Just because someone could get upset if his country is shown in a bad way? I hope that's not the reason, because that would be pretty pathetic but I can't see another reason, since you don't need licenses for displaying countries...

Lol.. yes, seems very fictional.. for the screens in the ED Shop I assume that you are an Abkhazian helicopter pilot with stolen KA-50 from Russia.. fighting with Georgia for your country independence..

Didn't understand why they don't name the belligerent nations, because if I were Georgian I prefer that to be called " the butchers"..

This is a great surprise. I still have two or three missions in Deployment to fly (I stopped due to bugs, some 2 years ago...) - then I can wrap up my AARs and start a new series for this one!

Where will I ever find the time? I haven't even started the Ultimate Argument yet, and still learning the MiG-15, 21 and L-39 and trying to improve on everything else that came out in the last year or so.

Still, at least I finally got to spend some of my $61 bonus at last! Even if it was only $3.

Come on, ED, I need more good stuff to spend my bonus on!

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

As far as I understand this is a remake of an old campaign for BS 1, so I don't think that it represents any kind of new ED policy

i5-9600K / RTX 2060 / 32 GB DDR4-3200 CL16 / Win10 x64 / Cobra M5 (BRD)+ Gametrix ECS / Opentrack

Yea, I remember flying the Republic original campaign years ago! I believe there was some mission where u had to do a really fast startup to avoid getting blown up on the tarmac by an invading force?!

All in all, was a fun campaign back then, and hopefully repeat now in 1.5!

~S~

wind

The Rig: i5 7700k OC 4.6ghz, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windows 10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Has this been taken off of the CDN? I try to install it and it gives me an error.

The DCS updater says...

"Unknown module KA50-REPUBLIC_campaign"

Then it jumps back into DCS.

Edited by M1Combat

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Issue fixed

Not sure what issue you are talking about but the campaign still errors out for me when trying to install..

EDIT: Just went back in and this time it prompted me for an update and when complete, this time the campaign downloaded properly..

:thumbup:

Edited by outlawal2

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

won't let me download it, not sure why. I have BS 2.

it says the file list is currently unavailable, and if I try it from module manager, the buy button isn't clickable. help, I wanna give you my money!!!

Edited by jeffmaysefaith79

"You should fly a fighter aircraft one inch from out of control at all times in a purposeful way" -Willie Driscoll USN (ret)

The State Military (CVW-17)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

VICTORY 103

F-14B BuNo 161435

VF-103

CAPT J. "Bowser" Mayse

http://www.statelyfe.com