Black Shark 2: Republic Campaign

won't let me download it, not sure why. I have BS 2.

it says the file list is currently unavailable, and if I try it from module manager, the buy button isn't clickable. help, I wanna give you my money!!!

assuming you're on windows. hit the start key, then type in "update dcs world openbeta"

see if that fixes anything

Check my F-15C guide

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tried. no go. it won't even let me download it from website. or buy it for that matter

"You should fly a fighter aircraft one inch from out of control at all times in a purposeful way" -Willie Driscoll USN (ret)

The State Military (CVW-17)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

VICTORY 103

F-14B BuNo 161435

VF-103

CAPT J. "Bowser" Mayse

http://www.statelyfe.com

When I try on the website it says need another product underneath the download button. the only thing I can assume is it thinks I don't have BS2 but I tried re-downloading BS2 and it says everything's fine. I just flew a mission to make sure

"You should fly a fighter aircraft one inch from out of control at all times in a purposeful way" -Willie Driscoll USN (ret)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

VICTORY 103

F-14B BuNo 161435

VF-103

CAPT J. "Bowser" Mayse

Yea, I remember flying the Republic original campaign years ago! I believe there was some mission where u had to do a really fast startup to avoid getting blown up on the tarmac by an invading force?!

All in all, was a fun campaign back then, and hopefully repeat now in 1.5!

~S~

wind

You mean the mission in pitch black night where insurgents are attacking your base and you need to evacuate?

That mission was in the original deployment campaign if i'm not mistaken. Had to do that a couple times in a row because I couldnt find the light switch and I wasn't proficient in starting the bloody thing :)

(re: Message #1)

Will this new campaign work with the Upgrade Version of BS1 thru BS2?

I fly Ka-50 just fine in DCS World and initially with the 1st 1.5 Open Beta using the upgrade version, so far. Have not flown Ka-50 with today's 1.5 update.

The only purchase I made was for the Ka-50 just one time with BS1 about 4 years ago.

OR

Do I need to uninstall my old version and upgrade by purchasing BS2?

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/dcs_black_shark_2/

For me, with discount and bonus money it is just $19.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, I was able to buy it, and download it in module manager. but when I try to play it it says it needs activated. I'm at a loss and getting frustrated. never had this kind of problem before. also it doesn't show up in the file explorer. normally you can see the individual missions in the campaign

Edited by jeffmaysefaith79

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

VICTORY 103

F-14B BuNo 161435

VF-103

CAPT J. "Bowser" Mayse

I just finished the first mission. Was pretty straight forward. A bit windy though.

And it is voiced in english.

There's one thing so far I really don't like about this campaign and that is the fictional setting. Countrys are just called "The Republic" or nicknamed "The Butchers" or just reffered to as "the big neighbour to the north". It's not a sole problem of this campaign, because it's the same in other recent campaigns (MiG-21). Haven't played the Ultimate Argument, so I don't know how it's there.

I wonder if this is a new policy for ED and if so why? Just because someone could get upset if his country is shown in a bad way? I hope that's not the reason, because that would be pretty pathetic but I can't see another reason, since you don't need licenses for displaying countries...

It takes a way a lot of immersion :(

I kind of agree with this. From reading the campaign setting text it was pretty obvious that the user plays as a Russian mercenary or volunteer flying the Ka-50, probably for Abkhazia against Georgia :lol:

If I remember correctly in the Ultimate Argument campaign for the Su-27 it's stated clearly that you are a Russian Air Force pilot.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Anyone else having trouble with key bindings when flying this mission. I can't get the door to close, it wont let me zoom in or out and I can't use ESC to get out of mission once it's started.

*Edit* Restarted game a couple times and tested in other missions then flew Campaign again and all is well.

Edited by canadianbaken

That's fair enough, but it'd be great if the wingmen were optionally human pilots for multiplayer

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

If the voices are in English like it seems.. what a disappointment.. If the developer can't access to Russian voice actors may understand it.. but when some of them are based in Russia.. and after the excellent SU-27 dlc campaign..

The same with the Belsimtek campaign for Mi-8.. what a immersion wasted with the English voices..

Maybe I'm a puritan.. but I think that the Russians should speak Russian.. the Germans should speak German, and the Americans should speak English..

:cry:

i would rather have people talk to me in a language i can understand , that's way more realistic then having to read SUBTITLES while flying a attack helo , THANKS.

That's fair enough, but it'd be great if the wingmen were optionally human pilots for multiplayer, it'd be an instant by for me and squad :)

There is no wingman. You're playing as a single (russian?) mercenary flying a KA-50 for The Republic (Abkhazia?) gifted by the big northern neighbour (russia?).

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

OK, I was able to buy it, and download it in module manager. but when I try to play it it says it needs activated. I'm at a loss and getting frustrated. never had this kind of problem before. also it doesn't show up in the file explorer. normally you can see the individual missions in the campaign

Are you running sweetfx? If so turn it off. Mine did the same until I disabled it. Not sure why....

V/R,

Ohgr

VCVW-11 "Vapor"

USN AE 2001-2015

Heatblur Tomcat Tester

There is no wingman. You're playing as a single (russian?) mercanary flying a KA-50 for The Republic (Abkhazia?) gifted by the big northern neighbour (russia?).

That's good, hated babysitting dumb AI in "deployment" campaign.

Anyway, I own BS2 update version and can't buy the campaign from the website or from the Module Manager. Says I need BS2 module to play it.

I already paid for the Ka-50 three times (bought the original Russian version, then the English version, then BS2 update), so no way I'm paying again for full BS2 just to play the campaign.

Edited by some1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

That's fair enough, but it'd be great if the wingmen were optionally human pilots for multiplayer, it'd be an instant by for me and squad :)

I really starting to like flying the Black Shark but dealing with AI wingman who need constant attention to the point where all they do is carry extra missiles for me is killing the single player. I'd be happy to buy this to fly co-op with someone else that has purchased it.

Are you running sweetfx? If so turn it off. Mine did the same until I disabled it. Not sure why....

No, I have no mods installed

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

VICTORY 103

F-14B BuNo 161435

VF-103

CAPT J. "Bowser" Mayse

I get everyone is different, but I would prefer as much realism as possible, and for me this includes real state and non-state actors. It just robs so much immersion to be flying around in a campaign that has no depth outside of mission briefings.

Regardless this looks like a good campaign (however it keeps crashing on mission 2 when flying the first waypoint).

Looks like whatever issue was with the BS2 update version, it's fixed, I've been able to buy the campaign today.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro