Black Shark 2: Republic Campaign

Hmm bought so far the campaign the missions seem's good, but the story is total immersion Killer butcher and the republic hmmm....

Hope we can next time back to more serious states names

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm bought so far the campaign the missions seem's good, but the story is total immersion Killer butcher and the republic hmmm....

Hope we can next time back to more serious states names

I agree - even invented names like those in the ArmA or Strike Fighters 2 series would be fine for me.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

I kind of agree with this. From reading the campaign setting text it was pretty obvious that the user plays as a Russian mercenary or volunteer flying the Ka-50, probably for Abkhazia against Georgia :lol:

If I remember correctly in the Ultimate Argument campaign for the Su-27 it's stated clearly that you are a Russian Air Force pilot.

Its always better to keep everything fictional (for the most part, and reinforced as such) for simulators, etc... just to keep things from being "mistaken/ or taken the wrong way"

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Its always better to keep everything fictional (for the most part, and reinforced as such) for simulators, etc... just to keep things from being "mistaken/ or taken the wrong way"

I deeply disagree. Especially simulators should stick to the real stuff.

Hey all

so i know its meant to be a single player campaign but has anybody tried to add a wingman for multiplayer as a client?

would that play the voice overs? for the client?

thanks!

I guess you haven't read Sithspawns comment (#35)?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I deeply disagree. Especially simulators should stick to the real stuff.

~

the actual planes, flight dynamics, damage modelling, Systems modelling, accurate maps, etc - yes!

scenarious, as in mission sides, etc... definitely fictional - too much silliness in the world these days, to play "sides". Some will take it the wrong way

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

the actual planes, flight dynamics, damage modelling, Systems modelling, accurate maps, etc - yes!

scenarious, as in mission sides, etc... definitely fictional - too much silliness in the world these days, to play "sides". Some will take it the wrong way

It's a game, nothing more! I don't understand, why I have to give up on realistic scenarios just because some people are easy to be pissed of, because they don't understand the difference between a game and reality... :mad:

It's not against the law.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

That's fair enough, but it'd be great if the wingmen were optionally human pilots for multiplayer, it'd be an instant by for me and squad :)

Agree.

It's time campaign builders think a bit at coop aspect. I understand "most of the buyers play single player" but now every single player guy has internet and some friends and many of them play together coops.

Advantages are multiple for just a little bit more effort. Think about a group of 4 friends. If one sees and likes the campaign you got 4 sales! Bam! Plus the information spreading is far better when you start with "4 seeds" than "1 seed".

Look at how many people CharlieOwl got together at 2 coop events made of just two missions...

Also the trailer is just bad. Like a spoiler gone bad.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

...but now every single player guy has internet and some friends and many of them play together coops.

Sorry, but that is complete supposition and I doubt very much if it's accurate.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Campaign download is not available.

Went to DCS website to buy, but it says;

"Sorry, but the file list of the product is currently not available. Product may be currently available in DCS World Open Beta version only."

I click on the DCS World Open Beta link and it just takes me to the DCS world 1.5 page.

What does this mean?

While I am here also would like to ask, I have Steam version of DCS world, but also currently participating in the 1.5 open beta through steam. Is any of this a problem?

It can only be installed from within the Module Manager of the 1.5 Open Beta.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Module Manager

So after looking up the Module Manager on the Wiki, and like you said, it is for installing. It appears I still need to actually purchase the product first.

The DCS E-shop says the file does not exist, it won't let me buy it.

Edit; It says the file is "not available".

Edited by Kamov Akula

It's a game, nothing more! I don't understand, why I have to give up on realistic scenarios just because some people are easy to be pissed of, because they don't understand the difference between a game and reality... :mad:

If they put swastikas on German Fighters for a WWII campaign certain European countries would have issues with it and if you think about where DCS is developed and what it going on in that region you should be able to see why they tread lightly. Never going to see full realistic scenarios including locations with time period maps in most cases, realistic flight times to targets, or even the amount of units actually involved in most areas of conflict.

Actually, in Germany, it is! End of story.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I made it to mission 5 when I got my first set-back. To be expected, though, the briefing already made it sound quite challenging and I was simply too slow to get to the second objective (keeping things a bit vague here in order not to spoil anyone's fun). ;)

I guess with this campaign we have to accept that it's a rather fictional setting. The player's callsign is "Ronin" for a reason, we're playing a lone Shark (pun intended), at least as far as I made it.

That's fair enough, but it'd be great if the wingmen were optionally human pilots for multiplayer, it'd be an instant by for me and squad :)

I agree. This campaign sparked the flame for DCS in a buddy of mine who originally got me into Black Shark. If there was a coop version it might convince him to put his PS4 aside for a while and get a little bit of Black Shark stick time with me. :)

I know transforming a mission to coop is much more demanding than "just" adding a second chopper, but I think it would be worth it.

Err, what is? Realistic scenarios? Unless something was edited later on, the post you're referring to doesn't mention anything that's illegal in our neck of the woods (AFAICT the Swastika wasn't brought up until after the post you quoted).

But regarding the realism debate, this campaign offered a welcome opportunity to get back into the Black Shark after a long time away from it, and so I don't care if we're flying Republic vs. Butchers or Redland vs. Blueland or Georgia vs. Russia, I'm just happy about some new content for the Black Shark. :thumbup:

(re: Message #1)

Will this new campaign work with the Upgrade Version of BS1 thru BS2?

I fly Ka-50 just fine in DCS World and initially with the 1st 1.5 Open Beta using the upgrade version, so far. Have not flown Ka-50 with today's 1.5 update.

The only purchase I made was for the Ka-50 just one time with BS1 about 4 years ago.

OR

Do I need to uninstall my old version and upgrade by purchasing BS2?

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/dcs_black_shark_2/

For me, with discount and bonus money it is just $19.

(re: Message #32 - above quote - http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=150908&page=4)

I just purchased this Republic Campaign.

It works for me as is.

I purchased BS1, the English version on July 26, 2011 for $40 and BS2 Upgrade, version 1.1.1.1 on March 14, 2012 for $20 and I am up to date on all the patches since. As to my quote above, I had forgotten about the BS2 purchase.

I can fly the Ka-50 using the Republic Campaign in Open Beta 1.5 with the latest patch.

For less than $7, I figure why not see if the thing works?

I noticed I get no Auto Pilot Route Mode to engage RTB in Airfield #1 push-button selection. I had to RTB in AP Director mode back to the FARP in the 1st sortie. I refuelled OK.

Rotor wash really sounds tinny on my end. Give enough time after 1.5 final release somebody will create a better sound mod.

I tend to not complain too much. I live with issues, and make the best of it, find a workaround. If anything is going on with negative issues, others within the DCSW community will chirp in and things will eventually change.

I am not too up on the Ka-50 lately. Been flying the WWII birds and the last couple weeks has been only the Bf-109. If I am away from any of the aircraft too long, I start forgetting stuff, and I used to know the Shark inside out. I'll be age 64 in a few days and my lousy memory, one dedicated aircraft at a time is enough for me. Dog-fighting needs to be second nature, not making stupid mistakes by hesitating forgetting how something works.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Went to DCS website to buy, but it says;

"Sorry, but the file list of the product is currently not available. Product may be currently available in DCS World Open Beta version only."

I click on the DCS World Open Beta link and it just takes me to the DCS world 1.5 page.

What does this mean?

While I am here also would like to ask, I have Steam version of DCS world, but also currently participating in the 1.5 open beta through steam. Is any of this a problem?

I purchase all my new purchases in my DCS World vanilla edition through Module Manager, as I did the Republic Campaign.

I also got the same message as you did when I tried to download the campaign within my vanilla.

I downloaded same within my Open Beta Module Manager, entered my key manually, and good to go, no problem. It only will work in the 1.5

This new campaign is not supposed to currently work in Steam.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would gladly pay another fee to get this to play in MP, to give the creator of this campaign motivation and incentive to mod it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

159th guys have interesting Ka-50 scenarios in MP that can be enjoyed by other Ka-50 pilots simultaneously.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I noticed I get no Auto Pilot Route Mode to engage RTB in Airfield #1 push-button selection. I had to RTB in AP Director mode back to the FARP in the 1st sortie.

I think I had the same problem in mission 1, but every mission after that had the Farp set as Airfield #1, so I could enjoy a few snacks on the return trip and have the Shark do the flying for me. :)

Rotor wash really sounds tinny on my end. Give enough time after 1.5 final release somebody will create a better sound mod.

I think the sounds were last modified somewhere along DCS 1.2.something and I think it sounds amazing. Not sure if anything changed with 1.5, but if it did, I love it.

I would gladly pay another fee to get this to play in MP, to give the creator of this campaign motivation and incentive to mod it.

Agreed, same here! :thumbup:

Like Yurgon already said: Swastiks were NOT part of the discussion at that point. I also was NOT talking about building accurate missions, that happened in real life with all the involved units and such.

The thing I was talking about in the first place was a very basic one: Using real country names. The missions themselves can be fictional for sure, although I wouldn't say no to "real" missions. But coming up with some fictional country names is just too much fantasy for me. I mean, come on, The Republic vs the Butchers?! What is this? I can't really enjoy a campaign like this.

About Swastikas: These are against the law in some countries, e.g. Germany. (Well, at least that's what everybody thinks, but this leads to far here). If something is against the law like Swastikas in Germany, then of course I have no problem with it not being used in the game. But using real country names in games (or movies) isn't against any law I know of. (Except using Tibet as a country if you want to sell the game/movie/whatever in China :D)

Tornado3 small.jpg

If they put swastikas on German Fighters for a WWII campaign certain European countries would have issues with it ...

Well, they've put NATO insignia all over the place in DCS, and that is offending for at least 3/4 of the planet - certainly country I am from. :D

Reality and history should not be censored.

Well, they've put NATO insignia all over the place in DCS, and that is offending for at least 3/4 of the planet - certainly country I am from. :D

Reality and history should not be censored.

Exactly. And especially not self-censored.

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team

About names of the countries.

1. It was no such events in real life.

2. The borders of Republic don't coincide with borders of Abkhazia. Very much. It is the main reason.

I didn't suppose that it will cause such hard discussions.

Just accept it as it is.

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]