1.5 update 3 warthog controls... yay!

gospadin

FYI, with the new update 3, I got the throttle idle/stop working like the A-10C.

This is what I added:

--custom throttle gate

{down = iCommandLeftEngineStop, up = iCommandLeftEngineStart, name = _('Alt Throttle IDLE/STOP'), category = _('Systems')},

Bind it to the movement of your throttle from idle to stop, and it'll behave correctly.

Goes in default.lua for the joystick directory.

Edit: kind of correctly, doesn't seem to work after engine start for me when i've gone through shutdown.

Edited by gospadin

since update 2 it works. No fiddling needed. I have my right throttle handle as engine, left as ranging.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

since update 2 it works. No fiddling needed. I have my right throttle handle as engine, left as ranging.

Setup looks interesting, but, noob question here : Ranging? :)

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

noob question here : Ranging? :)

The real throttle has a twist grip that is used to adjust the gunsight's range.

I have mine mapped to my small X52 Pro throttle slider but it's not hugely important as there are keyboard bindings and the gunsight has manual controls that can be mouse clicked and adjusted.

Typical use would be to set a target's wing span and set a gun/missile range. This sets the 'reticule' circle to the correct size. Once the target's wing span is the same size as the circle - you know the target is in range and can fire your missle/gun.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

The real throttle has a twist grip that is used to adjust the gunsight's range.

I have mine mapped to my small X52 Pro throttle slider but it's not hugely important as there are keyboard bindings and the gunsight has manual controls that can be mouse clicked and adjusted.

Typical use would be to set a target's wing span and set a gun/missile range. This sets the 'reticule' circle to the correct size. Once the target's wing span is the same size as the circle - you know the target is in range and can fire your missle/gun.

Ah, this! Thks! Didn't know the reticule thingy was on the same control as mig-15

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16