spawning issue?

Stonehouse

During testing of the GCICAP script I have noticed that 2nd wave GCI and CAP fighters which spawn in "ramp" mode at an airbase occasionally ends up with most of the aircraft correctly in their parking spots and they taxi out fine but one plane will spawn on the runway piano keys always seemingly pointing at the taxiway. By the time I see it and check it in F2 view it has engine running and lights on but never moves even though the rest of the group taxies out and takes off from the opposite end of the runway. Happens to both red and blue factions and seems to happen on airfields using HAS for parking spots although that is conjecture on my part and not a confirmed observation. The script uses parking bays 1-4 and I am assuming DCS will move the plane elsewhere if the bay is already occupied at time of spawning and perhaps might have a bug at present?? Perhaps it no longer is correct to nominate parking bays for script spawned aircraft?

I remember seeing another post about parking bay issues but searching Bugs and Problems didn't find it for me. I don't recall seeing a post of the same issue as I have experienced so thought it best to mention it. It is repeatable and I see it quite a bit.

If already reported or my error please close/delete post.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

<edit> Thanks Sithspawn or whoever moved this post, sorry I wasn't sure where to put it as it didn't seem a true mission editor issue as such or a game performance issue so stuck it in general questions for want of a better place

Screen_151011_123651.thumb.jpg.33d827b6028dd7f9f2405b0ebac34e74.jpg

Screen_151011_123611.thumb.jpg.cdb92f13900f8eec1f25a4b095f23583.jpg

Edited by Stonehouse

Can't say I've seen AI spawn on the runway like that when given a ramp start. At the moment the scripting engine completely ignores any parking ID you give it when you spawn a new group. So it just spawns each flight member at the nearest available spot to the runway. I've been unable to replicate it by simply using mist.cloneGroup() on an AI flight set to take-off from ramp. I suspect there are other contributing factors.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

The script is using coalition.addGroup if that is any help to you. I can pm you a link to the latest beta if that is of any assistance as well. It seems to happen pretty much every 2nd or so time I test run my unit testing mission. Usually the GCI fighters launching to pick up an intruder the CAPs can't cover. lol just promise not to laugh at my lua coding skills or lack thereof

<edit> run it again to check something else and at time accel got the same thing within a short time - as you can see about 8mins in from mission start. You can see that the other plane in the group has just taken off and some others are about to but the remaining aircraft in the highlighted group is sitting on the piano keys again. Again the airfield uses HAS although as said before that could be unconnected and a red herring. I am using the more vis mod and Ajax's awac's script so will try again tomorrow (near midnight for me) with both turned off and plain vanilla DCS 1.5 beta to ensure there is no sneaky issue being caused by either an leave only DCS, Mist and the GCICAP script as possible source of problem.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.b5342531732e856c0b3ddfb96ef26b56.jpg

Edited by Stonehouse

Ran it today on a vanilla 1.5 beta setup, just Mist and GCICAP scripts. Sent groups of intruder aircraft over the red border in sufficient numbers to make sure a GCI group was spawned. First two groups that spawned included one with the piano keys spawn. You can see these planes highlighted on map view in the attached. DCS.log also attached. I closed the mission down shortly after taking the screenshots.

Let me know if you want anything else Grimes.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Screen_151025_110620.thumb.jpg.034b6f88485508bac1662352f02b7ae1.jpg

Screen_151025_110639.thumb.jpg.20f73d395968a79af5d5b41e14a921a0.jpg

dcs.txt

Tried to replicate it again by spawning in 10 groups at the same time and couldn't replicate it. I'm going to need the mission file.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Just an fyi that this one is solved or at least semi solved with Grimes's help. Basically it seems that the ["parking"] should be left off or must be a unique reference for aircraft spawning via a script if you don't want planes parked on piano keys on the runway.