Republic Campaign+BS 1 Upgraded to 2=A no go?

Ive had the black shark since it first was released then upgraded it to BS 2 when that was released. I have recently started using DCS 1.5 .

I can fly the the BS on the 1.5 with no problems as all my other modules ( the hawk module keeps asking for the key every time i start 1.5, have since uninstalled it.)

Have tried to get the Republic Campaign but it says I need the BS 2 module. As far as im aware the BS 1 module upgraded to 2 is the BS 2 module. Is this correct? If i have to repurchase the module just to get the new campaign I will give it a miss.

Am I missing something?

It is BS2 what you have. I'd write a ticket in the support section of the DCS website I'm sure they will help you ive always found they are really good and willing to help.

Just to clarify are you saying you are getting an error message when you try and purchase or are you just wondering if you have BS2?

Edited by westr

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

The warning there is so people are noticed they need that particular addon

I'm unable to purchase the campaign also. I think the website and DCS are blocking me due to not having full BS2. It's more than a text warning, I think. Some people with the upgrade seem to have purchased, though.

There's a thread in Payment and Activation.

With the in game module manager, the buy tab is greyed out so i cant select it. Also on the DCS site it says it wont let me get it as it says i don't have the BS 2 module. I do have the BS 2 module all be it the BS 2 upgraded version. Its my oldest module , the first one i got, on disc as well as the rather large manual book. Don't know why but its not recognizing my BS 2 upgraded v .

Im not using any mods in DCS 1.5 ether.

yes it looks like there is a problem that needs to be looked into..

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

At this point, ED should just convert all BS2 upgrade serials to the "full" version.

Yeah, I wondered that myself. We have usually paid more for bs1+bs2 combo than people who bought bs2 right away, we're the oldest ED customers and we're screwed. :mad:

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Yeah, I wondered that myself. We have usually paid more for bs1+bs2 combo than people who bought bs2 right away, we're the oldest ED customers and we're screwed. :mad:

Fully agreed.

Too late for me though, (already bought pure BS2) but would love to be able to gift a module to a friend.

R7 3800X - 32Gig RAM -- All SSD -- GTX1070 -- TM Warthog, MFG Crosswinds & TiR

It would certainly be nice for ED to do that, and would probably save them a lot of support issues going forward.

I am an original Black Shark owner, and back when 2 came out I held off a bit but saw with the integration in DCS World that might become an issue down the road, so I just went ahead and purchased the full version so I would not have to mess with having to have the original installed anytime I wanted to reinstall BS2 for DCSW.

I don't mind supporting ED and am glad I did it this way, but would fully agree it would be a nice gesture for those that have the upgrade version to just have the full version now and not have to worry with this going forward.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

It would certainly be nice for ED to do that, and would probably save them a lot of support issues going forward.

I am an original Black Shark owner, and back when 2 came out I held off a bit but saw with the integration in DCS World that might become an issue down the road, so I just went ahead and purchased the full version so I would not have to mess with having to have the original installed anytime I wanted to reinstall BS2 for DCSW.

I don't mind supporting ED and am glad I did it this way, but would fully agree it would be a nice gesture for those that have the upgrade version to just have the full version now and not have to worry with this going forward.

+1

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

Ive had the black shark since it first was released then upgraded it to BS 2 when that was released. I have recently started using DCS 1.5 .

I can fly the the BS on the 1.5 with no problems as all my other modules ( the hawk module keeps asking for the key every time i start 1.5, have since uninstalled it.)

Have tried to get the Republic Campaign but it says I need the BS 2 module. As far as im aware the BS 1 module upgraded to 2 is the BS 2 module. Is this correct? If i have to repurchase the module just to get the new campaign I will give it a miss.

Am I missing something?

(re: Message #1 above)

Hi,

See my Message #68:

==============

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=150908&page=7

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If and when I ever build another computer with a new operating system in it, I will then buy the full newbie BS2 version. But for now, my upgrade version works just fine, so far...

I wonder what 2.0 has for me and whether I will still be fine?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

After I purchased this module, I couldn't download it from the DCS downloads section. I just seemed to go round in circles and gave the whole thing up as a bad idea. When I eventually started DCS and clicked on the Modules tab, a pop up appeared and asked if I would like to install the campaign. When I clicked yes, it downloaded and installed and automatically activated the module with the serial number. I didn't need the serial number that I copied to notepad from the confirmation email.

Best Regards....Kev*

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"

Same here - I purchased the Republic Campaign this morning, after a few minutes I launched the game and then the module manager, sure enough I got the prompt it was available and selected to install. Very quick and easy process.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|